Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN college baseball blog (posted 4.14.08 am)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN college baseball blog (posted 4.14.08 am)

What to Watch For: Midweek Matchups
    Just six more weeks until Selection Monday; while some teams rest as they head into the conference stretch runs, others are looking for marquee wins to support their case on Memorial Day.

• No. 9 Wichita State at No. 6 Nebraska (Tuesday): A battle for snow belt bragging rights in Lincoln, at least until Nebraska plays No. 8 Missouri to finish the season. The Shockers play their fourth straight game in Nebraska, where they took an MVC series from Creighton this weekend. The schools have split their last 10 meetings, with Wichita State winning 5-3 at home last year.

Wait, ESPN has someone who follows college baseball? What did he do wrong in Bristol, hit on Linda Cohn?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
      Wait, ESPN has someone who follows college baseball? What did he do wrong in Bristol, hit on Linda Cohn?
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Found this interesting. If we beat Nebraska, we might have a shot at taking their national seed.

Comment

Nebraska

Well, gorilla, I'm pretty sure ESPN's Jeremy Mills is not on the selection committee, and I'll believe Nebraska as a national seed when I see it.

Anyway, WSU's problem is too many games against lightly-regarded teams with mediocre records (thus dead weight on the RPI), and a win against Nebraska isn't going to fix that. Their current 25th ranking isn't likely to approach the top 10, which is what you'd expect to see for a national seed.

I like WSU's chances to be a regional host (even as a #2 seed), but there's little doubt in my mind that they're closer to going on the road than they are to cracking the top eight.

Comment

If we win tonight and beat ASU next month, I think we can be a national seed. No way do I think if we continue to play the way we are do we come in as a #2 seed at a regional.

Comment

if we continue to play as we have and win 6 of 8 against our remaining mid week competition and lose 1-2 more valley games, which i think this team can do, we would have a record 48-50 wins and 10 or less losses. no matter what our rpi is the national committee is going to give us a one seed with that kind of record. if the last national seed was between us and nebraska, having a win over them sould carry some weight with the committee, especially if they were to lose a few to missouri towards the end of their season.

Comment

There might be a chance that all 3, (Missouri, Nebraska, and WSU) all host. Arkansas, Missouri, and WSU all hosted last year, and all are more or less Midwest teams. Arkansas is not looking like they are going to host, and neither do the Oklahoma schools. Just keep winning, and these things will probably take care of themselves.
                YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
                  There might be a chance that all 3, (Missouri, Nebraska, and WSU) all host. Arkansas, Missouri, and WSU all hosted last year, and all are more or less Midwest teams. Arkansas is not looking like they are going to host, and neither do the Oklahoma schools. Just keep winning, and these things will probably take care of themselves.
                  That's not completely true, right now there are four midwest teams fighting to host: Wichita State, Nebraska, Missouri and Oklahoma State.

OSU is very hot right now having taken 2 of 3 from both Missouri and Nebraska over the past two weekends. They have also taken 2 of 3 from Texas A&M and swept two mid-week games against Arizona.

In addition to tonight's game against Nebraska, our game with OSU in a few weeks will also be very important to our hopes of hosting.

Comment

Thats true, although I doubt the big12 will get that many host sites. Texas will probably host, A&M might, and Baylor is probably iffy. That may work to our advantage a bit.
                    YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

As Shakespeare said in Julius Cesar "Men are masters of their own fate" and this is certainly the case this season.

Go Shocks!!!!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                      X