Sooners versus Shox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooners versus Shox

OU is throwing out CJ Blue as their pitcher against us tomorrow. This guy doesn't appear to be a dominating pitcher, only 11k's in over 33 innings pitched, but has an ERA in the 2's and is perfect on the season at 6-0. He also doesn't walk many hitters, he has I believe, only given up 6 walks.

His wins have come against Arkansas Pine Bluff, UT Arlington, N. Dakota St., South Florida and most impressive Dallas Baptist twice. In both games against DBU, he went 7 innings and only gave up 1 run each game.

Incedently, Dallas Baptist has two wins against Rice, and has two wins against Oral Roberts, so having two wins against this team is pretty good.

He'll be around the plate, so the Shox need to look for their pitch and get him out of the game early. Need I say that we must have great pitching to keep us in the game tomorrow?

There aren't too many teams out there that I enjoy Wichita State beating more than Oklahoma. I hope the weather holds out and we get the game in because it should be a good one.

KC, I'm lazy and don't want to look it up, but do you know if Blue is a righty or a lefty?

Comment

Lefty

Comment

Junior LHP

Sorry Ixiah I must have been posting at the same time as you...

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
          There aren't too many teams out there that I enjoy Wichita State beating more than Oklahoma. I hope the weather holds out and we get the game in because it should be a good one.

KC, I'm lazy and don't want to look it up, but do you know if Blue is a righty or a lefty?

I hope that the rain holds off. Right now weather.com is forecasting Wichita to be at 54 degrees at 7pm tomorrow with a 70% chance of rain, winds out of the east at 15 mph and a wind chill of 50 degrees.

Comment

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but the odds are against us in this one. We're throwing an unproven #5 starter against a proven #4 starter. We will need at least 5 innings from unproven members of the bullpen. This will be a great game to win, but I'm not betting any money on the outcome.

Is Maune getting the start, or Justin Kemp?

Comment

Maune is pitching tonight.

Comment

Odds are going up for rain. 80% chance of rain at 7:00, with thunder and maybe hail...not looking good. :(

Comment

Looks like the KW (Kansas Weather) may win this one...

Comment

Dam, and i was really looking foward to this game.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

0U may get LUCKY!!

Comment

I dont think Maune has much of a chance against OU....Gene probably should have given Kelley this Wed start instead of last night

Comment

Thanks, KC

Good scouting report from KC. (I had to say that just so it doesn't sound like I'm always complaining about him -- but seriously: good job, KC.)

Personally, I'm with hays -- I would not mind have this pitching pairing rained out.

Comment

I am assuming that Taylor Brown will get the start at 2B tonight? What are the other options? Sisney? Hopefully Brown finds a way to make an impact on offense. He made a smooth play on that ground ball in the 9th last night.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox24
                              I am assuming that Taylor Brown will get the start at 2B tonight? What are the other options? Sisney? Hopefully Brown finds a way to make an impact on offense. He made a smooth play on that ground ball in the 9th last night.
                              What happened to Workman? I know he left the game last night, but did he get hurt?
                              www.myspace.com/clarensau
                              it's what i do

Comment

Working...
                              X