Pelfrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey

Didn't see this anywhere yet (correct me if I'm wrong)...I just saw on ESPN that Mike Pelfrey was named the Mets' 5th starting pitcher. Congrats Mike

Congrats Mike, grab this opportunity by the horns and run with it!

Comment

Comment

I hope he does well there. The NL East is still up for grabs. I was blown away by the choke job of the mets last year but I didn't really care / pay attention because I was watching my Rockies do the very improbable.

Comment

According to Yahoo, Pelfrey's gonna get the start Wednesday vs. the Phillies.
          www.myspace.com/clarensau
          it's what i do

Comment

Originally posted by Clarensauce
            According to Yahoo, Pelfrey's gonna get the start Wednesday vs. the Phillies.
            I'm watching the Phillies/Reds game right now and his named popped up as the probable starter on Wednesday when they were looking at the next few games on the Phillies schedule.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

The Phillies/Mets game is on ESPN2 at 6:00 so remember to set your DVR before you head out to the game tomorrow night.

Comment

top 2... runners on first & second, pelfrey gets a dp ball and reyes commits an error... next batter singles in a run. tough luck for pelfrey who is trying to find some confidence
                Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Same **** he had to deal with last year. Everytime he got a chance to pitch they would have like 4 errors while he was in. Pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                    Same #### he had to deal with last year. Everytime he got a chance to pitch they would have like 4 errors while he was in. Pisses me off.
                    Decent outing for him. 5IP, 5 hits, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3Ks

In line for the win. 8-2 Mets in the 8th.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I thought Mike pitched well, especially considering he had no confidence in his secondary pitches. When the count went to 3-2, which it did quite often, he came at hitters with fastballs. He worked ahead most of the time, but then nibbled a lot, turning a number of 0-2 counts into prolonged at-bats, with multiple 3-2 pitches being fouled off. He left after 5 basically because of pitch-count. He threw a TON of pitches.

But the bottom line is, he got the W and gave up only 2 runs, and the first of those would not have scored if a very routine double-play ball had been handled. The second scored after the Mets had gone up 7-1 in the 3rd and Mike was pretty much in a "here it is, hit it" mode.

If he can gain enough confidence in an offspeed pitch to throw it on any count and throw it for a strike, he will become a LOT tougher to hit. It seemed to me that tonight he was trying to make batters fish for his offspeed pitches, and the Philly hitters weren't biting. He eventually had to come in with fastballs. Fortunately his fastball has enough movement that even when hitters know it's coming, they have a hard time squaring up on it.

I don't know what's with the 8-something ERA in spring training, but he looked solid tonight.

Comment

Does anyone know when Pelfry's last year here was?

I'm too lazy to look it up myself...
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I hope your not serious...

Comment

Just couldn't remember off the top of my head. I had other concerns in high school than keeping a close eye on WSU baseball...

Reason I asked was I have a baseball signed by the 2004-2005 team. Guess it has his signature on it. Maybe it'll be worth something someday...
                            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                            Students > Alumni
                            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

The time it took you to post the question was twice the time it would have taken you to find out the answer with a simple search is what I was getting at... Not where your attention was in High School.

Comment

Working...
                              X