Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    I think it is a dupe in the making.
    If WSU had schedule an easy non-conference schedule - then I would agree with you. But they didn't.

Our RPI should be better with an improved schedule, win or lose.
    That not how RPI works. Just because you schedule good teams doesn't make your RPI good unless you can actually win. Case in point, WSU had a non-conference SOS of 52 (which was 2nd best in the MVC, DBU was 41). WSU non-conference RPI was 200. Why because they went 12-23 in non-conference play even though they played good teams.

Comment

So now that we have the schedule what kind of a regular season performance would you deem to be acceptable and a sign the program is moving in the right direction?

I'll say 32-24 overall; 18-17 in the non-con and 14-7 in the Valley. The big question I have is will we have enough quality pitching depth to win enough of the mid-week games to achieve that non-con mark.

Comment

Non-Conference 25-10
        Conference 15-6

Overall 40-16

Time is over for accepting incremental improvements (especially since there has not been any). This is either a breakout year for the program or you make the change and go get Hooper. Butler is Hooper's John the Baptist.

Comment

Whatever record we'd need to grab the final at-large spot in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            That not how RPI works. Just because you schedule good teams doesn't make your RPI good unless you can actually win. Case in point, WSU had a non-conference SOS of 52 (which was 2nd best in the MVC, DBU was 41). WSU non-conference RPI was 200. Why because they went 12-23 in non-conference play even though they played good teams.
            Sorry, I should have said SOS will be better. I intended to say that our conference record should be better (even if the team doesn't improve or shows a slight improvement). That coupled with a solid SOS will give the perception of improvement. Now if we finish 40-16, there will be NO DOUBT that we are seeing improvement. If we go 32-24 this should be the last year for HCTB.

In all fairness, the schedule is worked years in advance, my point of the previous post is that even if we go 28-28 there will be no change at the end of this season.
            Last edited by shockfan89_; October 6, 2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X