No announcement yet.

Recruiting - Class of 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to him. It won't be for everyone.

Comment

No it won’t. Just those that will have to take responsibility for improving their skills, academics and off field behavior

Comment

Mark Adamiak signs with Arkansas

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be Charley Boyce Jr.

On the other hand, let's hope WSU is in a regional championship game needing just one win and this time finishes the job so that there's no reprise of the Boyce debacle.

Not unexpected but annoying. Seriously want to see the Hogs on the schedule but I doubt DVH will have anything to do with us. Mark probably was a weekend #2 or #3 next year.

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure DVH would be happy to host WSU next season. Probably not real excited about playing WSU much after that, or in Wichita.

Sorry, just not a big DVH fan. I’m sure we will get the Bill Self logic “Why should we play them except at home. Nothing to gain and everything to lose”

Comment

We're a couple of hours away from the MLB 2019 Draft signing deadline. Unless Jake Hamilton (21st round) signs with the Rangers by 4 p.m. Central, he's a Shocker. It would be very nice to add a more experienced arm into the mix next year with the departures of Segal, McGuinness and Walters.

The deadline for signing high school and non-senior college players selected in the 2019 MLB draft is Friday, July 12 at 4:00 PM CDT. The Rangers have signed 25 of the 41 players that they...

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            He will be here. Great news for this team and program. Texas threw a bunch of money at him so you know our coaches made an impression and the young man clearly has confidence in his talents.

Another potential juco addition to the team this year will be 6-5 LHP Trevor Munsch from McLennan CC. Munsch was First Team All State out of Lawrence Free State before spending his freshman year at OU. He just joined the Hays Larks and was listed as a Wichita State signee in the Hays Post article about his first outing.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I like it! Could use some juco infusion. Particularly in the pitching staff. I think pelfreys mlb cried could be a major recruiting plus. I like a big lefty coming on board.

Comment

So, there are 26 currently listed on the baseball roster. Does anyone know the remaining members that are signed or committed to the Shockers for next year?

Comment

Nothing firm. From the original list of 22 commits there are 18 commits who haven't publicly bailed on social or traditional media, plus the recent juco addition.

That would put the number at 45, 10 above the limit, so I would expect significant amendments to that list as the semester approaches.

It's also possible, that the 26 on the roster isn't a real number and hasn't been updated beyond deleting seniors and pro signees.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

In addition to the 4 players 2019 recruits who have decomitted the following players listed on the 2018-19 roster who still had eligibility remaining are apparently moving on to other things:

Fr. Carson Cox, 6-3, 185 OF (Did not play in 2019)
                  R-Jr. Noah Croft, 6-3, 215 1B/C (40 games/109 at bats in 2019)
                  Fr. Cal Carver, 6-3, 185 LHP (10 appearances in 2019)
                  Fr. Miller Pliemann, 6-4, 190 RHP (16 appearances in 2019)
                  Fr. Jake Plastiak, 6-2, 200 3B (18 games/43 at bats in 2019)
                  Fr. Jack Brimacombe, 6-1, 173 RHP (Did not play in 2019)
                  Fr. Mason Miller, 6-0, 170 C (Did not play in 2019 - Primarily a bullpen catcher I believe)

So before the decommits and roster defections we were potentially at 56, 21 above the limit, so at this point that overage has been cut in half to 10 above the limit based on what is publicly known at this point.

I suppose the key group of players is the 27 players that are on scholarship. If you happen to find a key contributor among the 8 non-scholarship players on the roster is icing on the cake. Of course, if they are a key contributor they might be on scholarship in the future.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 16, 2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hadn't heard about Jack, that's disappointing. Should have found a way to keep that young man imho.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Before I read your comment, Doc, his listing caught my attention as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                    Another potential juco addition to the team this year will be 6-5 LHP Trevor Munsch from McLennan CC. Munsch was First Team All State out of Lawrence Free State before spending his freshman year at OU. He just joined the Hays Larks and was listed as a Wichita State signee in the Hays Post article about his first outing.
                    Not a lot of information on this player that I can find. Saw him listed on Prep Basebal Report at 6-4, 160 in high school. Not sure what he weighs in at now. He redshirted at OU in 2017. He made 2 appearances for OU in 2018 recording only 1 out while giving up 2 earned runs, walking 4 and striking out 1.

As a sophomore at McLennan CC in Waco, Texas he pitched 22 innings in 15 appearances with an ERA of 7.36 ERA. He did have a lot of strikeouts 31 (12.7 per 9 innings) but also walked 14 (5.7 per 9 innings).

Looks like he has only pitched 3 innings in 3 appearances for the Hays Larks this summer. Allowing nor runs while giving up on 1 hit while striking out 5 and wakling 1.

Not a great sample size here but it does seem like he might have good stuff based on his strikeout totals (around 13 per 9 innings) at McClennan and Hays. The other thing he may have going for him is he is a lefty. A relatively rare commodity on the roster inherited by HCEW.

The only lefties the Shocks have, or may have when the 2020 season rolls around, are 6-220 R-Fr Reece Koon and incoming freshman recruits 6-4, 180 Connor Oliver out of Oak Forest, IL and 6-3, 190 Beau Leonards out of Plano, TX.

Comment

Per twitter: Shox with a late commit from Creighton Hansen, a 6-3 190lb RHP from Grapevine TX.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've been saying all along that Coach Wedge would not allow "Creighton" to leave WSU behind in baseball -- apparently this is proof.

Shocks add Mikey Burke, a 6-1 190 OF from Tulsa by way of Florida Southwestern State Juco. Burke is a speed demon, with 27 SB on 36 attempts this season (more than twice the attempts of Katzfey, the Shockers' 2019 leader). He hit .274 for his career at FSWSU.

Florida SouthWestern State sophomore Mikey Burke has signed his National Letter of Intent to play for one of the most historic NCAA Baseball programs in the country, the Wichita State Shockers, giving the Buccaneers 11 Division I signees from their Suncoast Conference Championship squad. 
                      Last edited by Wuzee; July 22, 2019, 11:10 AM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                      X