• shockfan89
    replied
    NM - Found the thread I should have put this in. :D

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    Originally posted by wooly
    ShockerFever said basketball not baseball as pertaining to Oregon St which makes sense.
    on a baseball thread
    1. This is the baseball forum, not the basketball forum.
    2. Ralph Miller coached basketball at Oregon State (i.e. worth at least a little respect from WSU fans).
    3. Oregon State has had basketball success (e.g. 1981, 1982) and alums who became NBA players (e.g. AC Green, Gary Payton).
    Pick a different school that is not a defending national champ in the subject (baseball) of this forum.
    Dude, chill out.

It's a basketball analogy that applies to baseball. I really don't care if Oregon State is the two-time National Champions in baseball. Oregon State is garbage in basketball.. and I was using that to make a point about baseball.

My goodness.. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    ShockerFever said basketball not baseball as pertaining to Oregon St which makes sense.
    on a baseball thread
    1. This is the baseball forum, not the basketball forum.
    2. Ralph Miller coached basketball at Oregon State (i.e. worth at least a little respect from WSU fans).
    3. Oregon State has had basketball success (e.g. 1981, 1982) and alums who became NBA players (e.g. AC Green, Gary Payton).
    Pick a different school that is not a defending national champ in the subject (baseball) of this forum.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    What he said.

Congrats on your No.2 ranking. The Tigers are looking good so far..
    Thanks, I appreciate that. Maybe the Shocks and the Tigers can meet in Omaha if this keeps up. It would be fun it was Crow against Shafer. A Kansas kid pitching for Mizzou and a Missouri kid pitching for the Shocks.
    I think that's a match-up we would both love to have. The more northern schools the better as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    What he said.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Maybe the Shocks and the Tigers can meet in Omaha if this keeps up. It would be fun it was Crow against Shafer. A Kansas kid pitching for Mizzou and a Missouri kid pitching for the Shocks.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I would feel pretty darned confident that we get state bragging rights no matter the outcome from 1 game that is going to mean a lot more to KU players than it does to our players.
    Why is that exactly?

History, facilities, talent, rankings, attendance, coach, All Americas, National Championships, Etc

In terms you might understand.....You claim it in basketball, we do in baseball.
    Easy there, I'm not a kU fan by any means. Also isn't that Nat'l Champ singular not plural? Anyhow, I guess my point is that it is equally big for both teams really. WSU has a better program, etc but kU plays in a better conference.
    I echo the same sentiments as Doc. Who the hell cares if you're in a better conference? That's like in basketball you being South Florida, Penn State, Northwestern, Oregon State, etc. and saying "oooo, we're relevant because we're in a better conference." Yaaa.. okkk..

If the Big 12 is too tough for ya, then request a letter of eviction. Otherwise, just shut up.
    Oregon State? Two time defending National Champions Oregon State? You're dissing Oregon State on a baseball thread?? :roll:

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    Sheev.. is that you?..
    Yeah, it sure is.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Sheev.. is that you?..

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I would feel pretty darned confident that we get state bragging rights no matter the outcome from 1 game that is going to mean a lot more to KU players than it does to our players.
    Why is that exactly?

History, facilities, talent, rankings, attendance, coach, All Americas, National Championships, Etc

In terms you might understand.....You claim it in basketball, we do in baseball.
    Easy there, I'm not a kU fan by any means. Also isn't that Nat'l Champ singular not plural? Anyhow, I guess my point is that it is equally big for both teams really. WSU has a better program, etc but kU plays in a better conference.
    I echo the same sentiments as Doc. Who the hell cares if you're in a better conference? That's like in basketball you being South Florida, Penn State, Northwestern, Oregon State, etc. and saying "oooo, we're relevant because we're in a better conference." Yaaa.. okkk..

If the Big 12 is too tough for ya, then request a letter of eviction. Otherwise, just shut up.

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied

Gramatically, I thought the plural fit better. You know what I meant either way.

Yes I know your feline background and I almost posted the all time record against KState in error because of that (49-24 btw).

You bcs homers really have to get off the "we are in a better conference" bandwagon. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so.......

Crappy in a tough conference doesn't, by itself, make you any better than crappy in a weak conference and vice versa.

Your comment makes about as much sense as "WSU is the better team but we wear purple".

Great. If we play 10 times we're still going to torch you and if you played in the National League West and we played 10 times, guess what?

Well, I'm not a K-Stater either. I'm actually an alum of the same school as Gene. I agree that being a crappy team in a good league doesn't mean much. My point is that WSU is the better program so kU gets up to play them because of that, but kU being a Big XII team and an instate rival also makes it a big deal for WSU. I think it means the same for both and if you lose it's only a midweek game anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I'm saying that no matter what league KState plays in, WSU is still a better team/program than they are. League affiliation, by itself, does not define a teams stature.

Saying "well Ku/Kstate play in a tougher conference" means almost as much as "our dirt is lighter than yours".

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    Great. If we play 10 times we're still going to torch you and if you played in the National League West and we played 10 times, guess what?

I'd love to see the Shocks play the Dodgers ten times (but my guess is that WSU would lose at least nine of them). I don't understand the last part of your post "if you played in the National League West and we played 10 times, guess what? 911...... " - are you saying KSU would be in trouble if they played the LAD?? :blink: :roll:

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied

Gramatically, I thought the plural fit better. You know what I meant either way.

Yes I know your feline background and I almost posted the all time record against KState in error because of that (49-24 btw).

You bcs homers really have to get off the "we are in a better conference" bandwagon. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so.......

Crappy in a tough conference doesn't, by itself, make you any better than crappy in a weak conference and vice versa.

Your comment makes about as much sense as "WSU is the better team but we wear purple".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X