Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polls 3/24/08

24. WICHITA STATE (14-3) — PR: 23
    The Shockers started MVC play in impressive fashion with a road series win over Illinois State.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

I don't know why people post the rival crap that's done by guy sitting in his mom's basement wearing pajamas.

Comment

I don't think it is all that bad really. I think you would value it more if WSU was higher in it. Probably not the best poll out there, but it is noteworthy at least.

Comment

SB Shock: The Rivals poll is one of the five polls linked here http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/ and therefore needs to be taken "seriously" (for PR purposes if nothing else) because this page may be popular (e.g. lots of nice information in one place).
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

No, Rivals loves to swing from the BCS scrotum. Always has, always will. Until it can be more objective and unbiased, Rivals is the last poll on the 4 or 5 baseball polls totum pole.

I will say we might be a little high in this one however.

I'm suprised CU is getting love after their awful week.

Comment

Kendall on Rivals is a ####. He is a big 12 / bcs homer.
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Boydsworld has us at 8.

Not surprising......in the top 20 there are 8 teams from California, 3 from Florida and 2 from Arizona.

One each from Texas, Oklahoma, North Carolina then the non-warm weathers kick in with Oregon, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska (1 each).

Our SOS was higher than I thought it would be at 36.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                SB Shock: The Rivals poll is one of the five polls linked here http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/ and therefore needs to be taken "seriously" (for PR purposes if nothing else) because this page may be popular (e.g. lots of nice information in one place).
                It's not even a poll - it's done by a guy named Kendal.

No, I will not take it seriously because before it wa rivals it was a B12 site. I read what Kendal had said about WSU when he ran the B12 site. He doesn't like WSU, doesn't respect the program and he uses his medium to take his backhanded slaps at WSU.

There are 3 polls that mean anything.

1. Collegiate Baseball
                2. Baseball America
                3. ESPN/Coaches Poll

Each have their biases and opinions. But at least they are run by knowledgable people.

Comment

ARIZONA ST. NO. 1 IN COLLEGIATE BASEBALL NEWSPAPER POLL

16. Wichita St. (14-3) 462 24

Comment

Originally posted by wooly
                    I don't think it is all that bad really. I think you would value it more if WSU was higher in it. Probably not the best poll out there, but it is noteworthy at least.
                    It would be valued more if a team didn't actually move down a spot in it after having a 3-0 week and being on an 11-game winning streak.

Rivals sucks, period.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                      It's not even a poll - it's done by a guy named Kendal.

No, I will not take it seriously because before it wa rivals it was a B12 site. I read what Kendal had said about WSU when he ran the B12 site. He doesn't like WSU, doesn't respect the program and he uses his medium to take his backhanded slaps at WSU.

There are 3 polls that mean anything.

1. Collegiate Baseball
                      2. Baseball America
                      3. ESPN/Coaches Poll

Each have their biases and opinions. But at least they are run by knowledgable people.
                      I would add a fourth to that list and that being the NCBWA or National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll. That is the one that ncaa-baseball.com uses when posting scores.
                      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Up from 20th to 16th this week in Baseball America.

Legitimate polls know that teams on 11-game winning streaks move up, not down in polls.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerFever: I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                            I don't know why people post the rival crap that's done by guy sitting in his mom's basement wearing pajamas.

Hey, I'm in my wifes basement. Besides, I don't do the polls. :yahoo: :lol: How do you know I wear pajamas anyway?

Actually, Kendall probably gets a better read on whats going on than most polls do. Face it, WSU's schedule ain't exactly one to shirk in fear over.

Comment

My fault, I just looked at the poll. Geese, WSU should be ranked ahead of Baylor. Especially after this weekend :wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X