No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of things I would like to add before this thread gets closed........

Cold mentioned about sometimes being too close and not being able to be fair in assessments. When did being involved become a negative? Do you really think that you (cold) or Fever have a better handle on the ins and outs of WSU baseball (assuming you don't have a lot of contact with WSB) than me (again, assuming I do have that contact, which I really don't but for the sake of this argument)?

I just don't see where being close disqualifies someone. I think it makes that person more likely to have a really good idea of where things are and where they are going. But anyway.........

I have seen a few, not a lot, but a few, comments disparaging ADDB.

Gregg Marshall is happy.
    We're in a new conference, which in all likelihood was the ONE thing that could have cost us Gregg Marshall. Maybe some of you think that was a simple thing and he just kept the ship straight with a prevailing wind......if you think that, you'd be more than a little wrong. It was a HELL of an accomplishment and I still don't know exactly how he managed to get it done.

Success up and down the athletic ladder. Fund raising at an all time high.

To even HINT that ADDB has done ANYTHING less than a stellar job really just shows......well I'll just say it does not show an abundance of intelligence.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Doc is trollin'! I love you brother. <3

P.S. If you're mad now, just wait for the thread I have planned if Mini-B gets a *gags* year six...

T

...:cool:

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      "I just don't see where being close disqualifies someone."

Actually it's very disqualifying when it comes to making unbiased judgments involving difficult decisions. I am speaking from experience when I say this.

T

• Why would you continue to let a coach do things, just because you cant hire a replacement tomorrow? I have never seen a coach fired and the new one announced right away, even if it is known who the replacement is. If he should be fired, then fire him.

Comment

• I don't have any insider connections or any info not available to every person on the planet, but it ain't happening.

I'm afraid the best we can hope for now is that there won't be an extension. It's sad when the best we can hope for is a bare cupboard for the next coach.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        For the record, I agree, I don't believe there will be a change this year. That said, if ADDB really believes in HCTB why wouldn't he extend his contract at this time? Doesn't it put WSU at a recruiting disadvantage to basically have a lame-duck baseball coach this year and next year?

• Downtown Shocker Brown
        Downtown Shocker Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        shockfan89_
        It can, but less so in Baseball. These kids dont get full rides, sometimes have fewer options, and typically are focused on more than just the baseball program. But there are a good number of players who would be leery, yes.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
        Editing a comment
        shockfan89_
        It does, but less so in Baseball.

• I don’t really keep up with what our baseball squad does or doesn’t do as I can only keep my focus on our men’s basketball team at this time. They need all the attention & support at the moment - as what’s good for the goose is good for the gander but I have, by good authority, heard that ADDB met personality with HCTB today at 1:00 PM. This comes directly from a phone call between a dear old friend of mine who works within a local media company in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why does anybody follow KWCH? I'd consider Bob Lutz more of a respectable media source than KWCH. And that's saying something.
      Kunkel usually is the first to report any sports news in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I'm afraid the best we can hope for now is that there won't be an extension.
        Well since no change is going to happen, I guess there is two ways you can go.

1. Hope for continue failure of the program

2. Or you can hope that the incremental improvement that was seen this year was not a fluke, but is going to continue next year and the program finally breaks through and is relevant in the AAC and can at least get an at-large bid.

Comment

• Are you guys really throwing in the towel one day after regional announcements? I mean expect something soon too but I wouldn't be giving up at this point.

But I expect some kind of an announcement to be made, regardless. A respectable athletic director is supposed to brief the fanbase with these types of things. To just say nothing this year after spilling the beans last year would be low brow at best. There is no way any rational person can defend the last 5 years if they give a damn. How could ZERO regional appearances in 5 years with his supposed "best team ever" be justification to continue his employment?

If Boatright cares about baseball, a change will be made very soon. If not, then we know where his priorities are. Basketball only. Everything else is a nothing burger. I cannot imagine any more apathy being allowed in the fabase with the current regime. Surely, we have somebody that isn't that stupid.

And we think we're a MAJOR power school? Major power schools don't accept mediocrity in one of their top invested sports. They certainly don't let buyouts hold them hostage. I really, really, really hope we are above a Southern Illinois, a Missouri State, or some other melba toast mid major. Surely.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            2. Or you can hope that the incremental improvement that was seen this year was not a fluke, but is going to continue next year and the program finally breaks through and is relevant in the AAC and can at least get an at-large bid.
            lol, you're joking right?

Please tell me there aren't anymore people like you encircling the fanbase.

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Couple of things I would like to add before this thread gets closed........

Cold mentioned about sometimes being too close and not being able to be fair in assessments. When did being involved become a negative? Do you really think that you (cold) or Fever have a better handle on the ins and outs of WSU baseball (assuming you don't have a lot of contact with WSB) than me (again, assuming I do have that contact, which I really don't but for the sake of this argument)?

I just don't see where being close disqualifies someone. I think it makes that person more likely to have a really good idea of where things are and where they are going. But anyway.........

I have seen a few, not a lot, but a few, comments disparaging ADDB.

Gregg Marshall is happy.
              We're in a new conference, which in all likelihood was the ONE thing that could have cost us Gregg Marshall. Maybe some of you think that was a simple thing and he just kept the ship straight with a prevailing wind......if you think that, you'd be more than a little wrong. It was a HELL of an accomplishment and I still don't know exactly how he managed to get it done.

Success up and down the athletic ladder. Fund raising at an all time high.

To even HINT that ADDB has done ANYTHING less than a stellar job really just shows......well I'll just say it does not show an abundance of intelligence.
              Knowing somebody on a personal level ABSOLUTELY disqualifies someone. Emotions are tied to the person and usually the fan sees things through a personal context, instead of a purely objective manner. The person doesn't want anything bad to happen to the individual so their views and opinions are swayed in that direction.

Congrats to Boatright for doing what he is supposed to do. Really. I was pretty turned off about his comments and attitude last year about his comments on the Butler situation. He matter-of-factly said it's not a contract issue and dismissed anything else about it. Thought it looked douchey.

He's good at being happy, happy but what about the times when things go south, i.e. baseball? Is he actually gonna stand up, grow a backbone, and do anything about it or is he going to be silent like Eric Sexton with everything, and just let things simmer slowly to apathetic levels and hope no one cares or is paying attention?

Some people think anybody tied to WSU is infallible. Again, likely because they know them on a personal level.

The true beauty and makeup of an AD isn't what they do when the times are just peachy and good. It's what they do when things go awry and it's what they do to communicate to their fanbase about how they are going to deal with it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait a second. Are you saying I'm not allowed to be a fan or have an opinion unless I know athletic department personnel on a personal level? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I've donated lots of money that I could've used in my life towards the better of WSU by way of either their athletic programs or scholarships. So DON'T lecture me on whether I have a right to critique anybody associated with WSU. I absolutely HAVE that right. And I certainly don't "hide" behind a computer when I'm going to the university on a regular basis with dollars leaving my pocket towards WSU.

The fact that you believe anybody that doesn't support WSU on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and thinks every member of the WSU community can do no wrong is so pathetic. So we're supposed to be mindless, communist robots that just follow like zombies? If a program slips and can't get anywhere after 5 years, I'm a worthless douchy fan that's not worth an opinion if I think things should change for the program's BETTER?

Are you kidding me? At least I still care. Which can't be said by most regarding the baseball program.

Get off your worthless, pathetic high horse already. You really are one anal-retentive individual.

If Boatright told you to jump into the Arkansas River naked for the good of WSU, would you do it?
                Last edited by ShockerFever; May 29, 2018, 09:09 PM.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                Editing a comment
                There you go again, making things up.

I said I could argue against your position that those who are connected to the programs opinions didnt count. Your words. Infallible was the word you used. I was offering a different opinion. I didn’t talk down on your opinion any more than you did the people who have relationships with players and/or coaches on campus. You took it personal, and started making things up.

And speaking of high horses, hop off yours as well. All I pointed out is that you are missing great opportunities to meet and get to know some amazing student athletes. All you see is ROI. I said that was sad. Never said anything about you not being able to be a fan, you made that up. I didnt say mindless, you made that up also. I also didnt say you cant criticize, because heaven knows you do. You made that up.

I have no idea why you want to watch me jump in the Arkansaw River naked, but that is disturbing.

I think you need to take a break.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                Editing a comment
                And, I forgot. Thank you for your continued support. Without it I wouldnt the pleasure to meet the wonderful student-athletes I do.

• Hmmm.........

Baseball Summer camps?

Most bet-etibarlı beynəlxalq bukmeker kontoru. Şirkət 2009-cu ildə yaradılıb və bu gün də fəaliyyətini davam etdirir. Mostbet bütün dünyada öz xidmətlərini təklif edir. Rəsmi sayt 27 dilə tərcümə olunub.

There are:

Softball summer camps

http://www.shockerssoftballcamps.com...ummer-camp.cfm

Volleyball summer camps

http://goshockers.com/news/2016/3/14...e.aspx?path=vb

Hmmm.... Probably nothing. Just the coaching staff is spending all summer recruiting.

Last edited by SB Shock; May 29, 2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                SHOCKvalue commented
                Editing a comment
                Stop it... you’re getting me all hot and bothered.

• SB Shock
                SB Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                When is the official anniversary of Butler contract?

• shockfan89_
                shockfan89_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Effective July 1, 2013 terminating at midnight on June 30, 2020.

• By Doc indicating the thread will be closed, I'm thinking that's the best news I've heard on the subject. Seems the tone has changed.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                By Doc indicating the thread will be closed, I'm thinking that's the best news I've heard on the subject. Seems the tone has changed.
                ?? Me no understand

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I had to guess why a "Fire Butler" thread would be closed, it would be because there would be no need for a "Fire Butler" thread if Butler was given an extension.

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes there would, but would there be a need for a Fire Butler thread if he were fired.? No.

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well since no change is going to happen, I guess there is two ways you can go.

1. Hope for continue failure of the program

There is a 3rd, and much more likely direction. Most folks have already taken it.

Complete apathy.

Comment

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir, you are correct.

• Lots of subtle indication right now that we may be headed in the right direction as a program very soon. I'm thinking the decision is in committee...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Lots of subtle indication right now that we may be headed in the right direction as a program very soon. I'm thinking the decision is in committee...

T

Hmm how so?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                  GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He throws that grenade into the room and slams the door. LOL
              Working...