No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope someone like our athletic director is ready to take full advantage of the fact that next year Shocker baseball will be your best chance in Wichita to see a good game. He needs to make a move to get butts back in the seats pronto. I think we are at the point in baseball that Memphis is in hoops and it is totally unacceptable to end up 7th in the AAC with the talent TB had to work with.

Comment

• Fkin' around with Bob...

T

...:cool:
      Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 25, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• I listened to several games on the radio during the last few years of Gene's era and attended a select few as well. I enjoyed seeing a legend even though the product wasn't anything near the glory years 20 years prior. I tried listening to a couple of games on the radio during the HCTB era but quickly lost interest as Shane Dennis obviously had way more knowledge of the game than HCTB dreams of or at least that's the way it seemed. I still read this board for the entertainment value. Seeing this thread up to page 87 should be enough to trigger a change, however, it doesn't seem to be as telling as one would think.

After reading WuDrWu 's comments over the past couple of weeks I have no faith a change will be made. ADDB obviously had full confidence at the end of last season with HCTB and after a top 55 RPI non-"mediocre" finish this season, why would anyone expect those feelings to change. Count me as part of the crowd who will have no part of supporting this program until a change is made though.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
          I listened to several games on the radio during the last few years of Gene's era and attended a select few as well. I enjoyed seeing a legend even though the product wasn't anything near the glory years 20 years prior. I tried listening to a couple of games on the radio during the HCTB era but quickly lost interest as Shane Dennis obviously had way more knowledge of the game than HCTB dreams of or at least that's the way it seemed. I still read this board for the entertainment value. Seeing this thread up to page 87 should be enough to trigger a change, however, it doesn't seem to be as telling as one would think.

After reading WuDrWu 's comments over the past couple of weeks I have no faith a change will be made. ADDB obviously had full confidence at the end of last season with HCTB and after a top 55 RPI non-"mediocre" finish this season, why would anyone expect those feelings to change. Count me as part of the crowd who will have no part of supporting this program until a change is made though.
          I mean this sincerely and not as a put down, although I am afraid it will come across that way.

What does it mean to you to support the program once/if a change is made?

Reading your post, it sounds like you occasionally listened to games between say, 2010 - 2013, and made it out to the park for maybe a game a year during that time? And, since 2014, you've listened to parts of a handful of games and attended none?

If you are getting on board, what does that mean? Returning to your 2010 - 2013 level of participation? Attending maybe 3-4 games a year with a spouse or buddy? Buying season tickets?

Firing/hiring is expensive stuff. Demanding it is fine, but fans should be ready to pony up to make it happen.

Comment

• No offense taken at all. My level of support in the previous era was extremely small at best just as you stated. I'm not offering any money to get behind the change but thought I'd state my opinion on the matter. You are a super fan and really enjoy your posts.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• I'll be happy with Hooper....but mad if they didn't call Wedge.

Comment

• He will be back for one more year. At this point what's the difference? We will struggle next year either way. Let's finish phase V 2.0 at the Eck, open 2020 up with Gene throwing the first pitch at a stadium renamed after him, get a new coach, and begin a new era of baseball.

Comment

• I'm guessing he gets one more year. His delta is +7 wins each of the past two seasons and he has a promising stable of young arms going into next season. Those factors (plus the expense mentioned by Play Angry) will likely buy him a chance to prove next season that we can win without Jenista, Bohm and Troutwine. Big shoes to fill. He'll need some young bats to step up.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Good Lord, you guys are depressing. He should've been gone last year. The fact that he was given this year and still screwed the pooch absolutely seals everything.

And we make fun of SIU with Barry Hinson and MSU with Paul Lusk in basketball for them hanging on to their coaches too long. We better be above Southern Illinois and Missouri State basketball.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Do Wedge and Hooper have degrees? It's always been my understanding that in order to coach at the university level you needed to have a degree.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, Ed Manning didn't need one. Oops -- wrong university (but right son, apparently).

• Hooper does have his degree.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the update, Kevin.

• Feel like we need to pin a FAQ for Hooper somewhere around here that has one purpose:

Q: Does Kevin Hooper have a college degree?

A: Yes.

Comment

• Very excited for the period shortly after 12:01 p.m. ET on Monday, May 28.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Very excited for the period shortly after 12:01 p.m. ET on Monday, May 28.

T

Inside knowledge or gut instinct?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Inside knowledge or gut instinct?
                            Simply anticipatory. We will learn a tremendous amount about the future of Shocker baseball at that time.

T

Comment

• wheathead
                              wheathead commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So you agree their waiting for after the selection show?

• C0|dB|00ded
                              C0|dB|00ded commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I hope...

T

Working...
                          X