Kenny Williams Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Williams Jr

Kenny has been a VERY pleasant surprise as of late. I think I read it here on SN or heard Terry comment that it is nice to have three Centerfielders in the outfield!!!

Has Kenny earned a shot at trying the lead off spot especially since Ryan Jones has cooled off a little or do we leave him alone and not mess with success?

Re: Kenny Williams Jr

Originally posted by shockfan89
    Kenny has been a VERY pleasant surprise as of late. I think I read it here on SN or heard Terry comment that it is nice to have three Centerfielders in the outfield!!!

Has Kenny earned a shot at trying the lead off spot especially since Ryan Jones has cooled off a little or do we leave him alone and not mess with success?
    Lead off? Ryan is hitting in the 2 hole, with Dirks in the lead off spot. Maybe he could take over the 2 hole, though.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I know. I was thinking about moving Kenny to leadoff and Dirks back to 2nd and have Jones bat 9th.

Comment

Andy has done a good job of "setting the table" with 13 walks, which is twice as many as anyone else, and a .492 on-base percentage. I leave him in the leadoff spot. I would not be opposed to seeing Kenny swap places with Ryan. I like Ryan in the two-hole because I consider him an exceptional baserunner. It's not all about speed, it's something more intangible. But Ryan needs to get his average, or at least his on-base percentage, up a little higher if he's to stay in the 2-hole.

Comment

I think having Kenny in the second lead off spot is great leave him in the nine hole.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Something else to consider is that this is the first real success Kenny has had in his college career. I'm not saying he couldn't handle hitting in the 2-hole, but I am saying Kenny is like a freshman in many ways. You could count the number of games he'd played in coming into this season on two hands. There is always some risk in moving a guy from a place he's having success.

Comment

Kenny has been a great surprise. I thought Bascue might get a shot at DH today. I wonder if he is in Genes doghouse. He is a player who really hasnt gotten a real shot. It seams anytime he doesnt get a hit in a game he sets the bench for a while. He only got 39 chances last year and only 15 this year.

Comment

I too am surprised we haven't seen Bret this week. He is an outstanding outfielder and goes to the plate with an idea of what he wants to do. Kenny probably got the start against a right-hander, had success, and now may be in left field to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                  I too am surprised we haven't seen Bret this week. He is an outstanding outfielder and goes to the plate with an idea of what he wants to do. Kenny probably got the start against a right-hander, had success, and now may be in left field to stay.
                  The story of baseball right there

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                    That's what baseball is all about. Creating your own opportunities and taking advantage of them.
                    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

I agree Kenny is probably there to stay. Know one has done very good in the DH spot. Thought Bascue might be a good fit there.

Comment

Nevermind! Ryan Jones is just fine in the 2 hole in my opinion. :yes:

Comment

Kenny is locked in at the left field and nine hole hitter. What a find.
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                          X