Workman coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workman coming on

This is just a prediction. But I think that Josh is starting to come on as he looks to be more relaxed at the plate, and has been solid at second I am not sure but I can't remember him making an error so far this year. I think this weekend will be big for him at the plate maybe hitting .400 with a home run. Helping the shocks win.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

I sure hope so and I would love to see it happen. Josh is a tremendously talented kid and the only thing thats really holding him back right now is consistancy. But thats just baseball and everyone hits those spots and goes through that. What I would really like is to see is for him be more aggresive on the basepaths than he has so far this year. I don't know if gene has given him a green light or if the situation hasnt been ideal when he has been on base so far but as fast as he is there isnt much reason not to send the kid just about everytime unless hes running on a nolan ryan fastball and pudge is behind the plate. The kid straight up smokes.

Comment

I agree with letting Josh loose, the problem he may have in the near future is that he has been hitting behind Tyler Weber, and everyone that is a shocker fan knows that if Josh is behind Tyler - he is virtually stuck!! I think that is why Josh was in the 4 hole initially, but when he was struggling early, it gave Dusty Coleman an opportunity which he has turned into a windfall. One thought might be to have Josh in the 9 hole as a second leadoff, but once again, Kenny Williams has taken that opportunity and has been great. Josh may simply be limited to his opportunities based upon whether Tyler is on or not.

Comment

Josh 1 for 3 with an RBI also a walk and solid defence at second. His hit was a screamer.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Game 2: Josh 2 for 4 with run scored and stole a base also got pick off on a possible BALK move. That makes him 3-7 in the series so far I like to see it.

Comment

Josh is one of those guys that can be a difference maker if he gets on track and gets in a groove. I would love to see him get his average up enough to hit in front of Weber. Ideally in the 2 hole but he just isn't there yet in my opinion.

Comment

Josh 1 for 2 with a double and run scored stolen base walk and hit by pitch not to bad. 4 for 9 on the weekend scored 2 runs 1 RBI 2 walks and hit by pitch. On base 7 times out of 12. He is coming on.

Comment

Josh is a stud. Plus he has a major league last name. I dont know about you all. But I want to beat ORU in the worst way. They have owned the shocks lately.

Comment

Josh still gets eaten up by those slow breaking balls away. He just can't lay off of them.

Okay he can, but he seems to choose not to more often then he would like.

Anyways, he has shown glimpses but had some long cold streaks like a lot of guys last year. He seems to be one of those guys that gets on a groove when everyone else gets on a groove.

Comment

Josh 2 out of 4 with 2 walks and 2 hit by pitch and scored 5 runs. Also made his first error of the year all in all a pretty good day.

Comment

Josh has his average up to .327 and climbing.

Comment

Working...
                      X