No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament - Non-WSU Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Missouri State wins this tournament, they'd better make sure to buy each of the umpires a nice meal. They lead Bradley 4-2 in the bottom of the 7th. The 2 runs they scored in the 7th were from the benefit of an even more horrible call than the one at First Base in our game Thursday night. The Bears do not deserve to win this tournament, at all

Comment

Jon Harris was Valley Pitcher of the Year but I am not sure Matt Hall is the better pitcher. He is been outstanding in the games I have seen him pitch.

Comment

I think Hall is the better pitcher too. To be fair, Harris may still be recovering from the blister that caused him to miss his last start or two. Harris did not look like he was over powering against us Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          I think Hall is the better pitcher too. To be fair, Harris may still be recovering from the blister that caused him to miss his last start or two. Harris did not look like he was over powering against us Thursday night.
          Harris is damn good too. I just really think Hall is special. I thought this after the Shocks played the Bears in the regular season. Both will be very high draft choices.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Ryan Tinkham, Mikel Mucha and Gunnar Troutwine selected to the Valley All-Tournament team. Not surprisingly Eric Cheray was the Tournament MVP.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Congrats to Ryan, Mikel and Gunnar.

Comment

Still trying to figure out how Hilliard didn't make the All-Tournament team

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                Still trying to figure out how Hilliard didn't make the All-Tournament team
                I actually thought the Shocks did pretty well getting 3 players on the All-Tournament team for a team that went 2-2. No doubt they mostly look at BA and RBI's in making those position player choices.

Hilliard was 5-16 (0.313) with 4 RBI
                Tinkham was 6-16 (0.375) with 6 RBI
                Troutwine was 6-13 (0.462) with 3 RBI
                Mucha was 8-17 (0.471) with 3 RBI

Missouri State put 4 players on the All-Tournament team and Bradley and Illinois State had 2 each while DBU had 1.

There were 2 guys that had late game 3-run home runs to put their teams ahead. Hilliard and Bradley's Gruener. Neither of those guys were on the All-Tournament team.

I don't seeing anything too surprising about Hilliard not being on the All-Tournament team.

Comment

Working...
                X