Hooper a Wingnut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooper a Wingnut

I saw tonight on channel 3 that kevin hooper was going to be a wingnut. HOOOOOOOP is back in wichita, now all we need is Zach Sorenson back and the smurfs could be reunited.
    Shox2

Re: Hooper a Wingnut

Originally posted by Shox2
    I saw tonight on channel 3 that kevin hooper was going to be a wingnut. HOOOOOOOP is back in wichita, now all we need is Zach Sorenson back and the smurfs could be reunited.

Nice! Hoop was always my fav WSU player. Good job Josh Robertson, get as many former WSU players as possible. Is Nick McCoola next?
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

HOLY #&@%!!! This is great news. If anyone hasnt seen Hoop play or wants to know what a real ballplayer is then go see Hoop!!! I have a mancrush on Hoop and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Comment

This obviously means he was released? That is too bad, he got so close to staying in the bigs but never quite made it over the hump.

Comment

yeah he was just a bit to small to have the pop they want in the majors. He can do everything else they could ever want though. Its a shame that more guys like him get the shaft while so many of them are going about things in the "wrong" way these days. Being a great ballplayer just isnt good enough anymore and its a shame.

Comment

Actually he was not released, he signed a contract with the Houston Astros hoping he would have a shot at a utility position on the big league team. They then had a utility player pass through arbitration so he was the odd man out. He didnt want to continue to play in AAA, so he asked the Astros for a release so he could come to Wichita and play. The astros gave him his release and now he will be Wingnut.
            Shox2

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

Nice! Hoop was always my fav WSU player. Good job Josh Robertson, get as many former WSU players as possible. Is Nick McCoola next?

Don't count on it unless it's a trade. McCoola is on the Sioux City Explorers roster (a team in the same league as the Wingnuts).
              However, he'll be in Wichita for the first home series starting May 7th because that's who the Wingnuts play.

Comment

I wonder if they have to give them an extra signing bonus because of the stupid 'Wingnut' name? it sounds like something from the early 1940's, and who cares if the name didn't start with a 'W' so you could have the double W.

Excuse me, I have to jump over to the 'Ovaltine' website now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxbballfan
                  Originally posted by BA2929

Don't count on it unless it's a trade. McCoola is on the Sioux City Explorers roster (a team in the same league as the Wingnuts).
                  However, he'll be in Wichita for the first home series starting May 7th because that's who the Wingnuts play.
                  Well, the Wingnuts got their first few players in a trade where they didn't even give up anything. So it is possible. Anything is possible in Independent baseball.
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

It's amazing what a little cash can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      I wonder if they have to give them an extra signing bonus because of the stupid 'Wingnut' name? it sounds like something from the early 1940's, and who cares if the name didn't start with a 'W' so you could have the double W.

You obviously don't have much of a marketing background... I think the 'Wingnut' is clever... in fact, I love it.
                      :good:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

I'm actually disappointed in Hoop and Schermerhorn being a Wingnut. Being a Wingnut means that they have fallen down to the last rung on the ladder to the MLB. Yes, they still have an opportunity to impress some scouts, get paid for playing a game and continue to do what they love, but I'm pretty sure the odds of making it back or making it at all to the MLB is really low by playing in the independent leagues.

However. I'll be rooting them on and will be wishing them the best of luck.

Comment

I am glad the Wingnuts are here and think the name and marketing are very good. The Shocker tie-ins are nice too. Baseball junkies in town need a local place to hang out after leaving the Eck in June.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                            Originally posted by Snapshot9

You obviously don't have much of a marketing background... I think the 'Wingnut' is clever... in fact, I love it.
                            :good:
                            I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                              I'm actually disappointed in Hoop and Schermerhorn being a Wingnut. Being a Wingnut means that they have fallen down to the last rung on the ladder to the MLB. Yes, they still have an opportunity to impress some scouts, get paid for playing a game and continue to do what they love, but I'm pretty sure the odds of making it back or making it at all to the MLB is really low by playing in the independent leagues.

However. I'll be rooting them on and will be wishing them the best of luck.
                              Dude you dont seem to get it. Some guys just want to enjoy and like what they do no matter what level of success they have. These guys obviously want to play ball and its not about making the big show. I dont see anything disappointing about a couple of great ballplayers that want to play ball... Only you could KC. I find it refreshing that these guys are doing what they "want" to do rather than going after what gives them the largest paycheck and stress. I'm happy to have them and I'm thrilled they are able to do what they enjoy as most arent so lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X