Rival's Field of 64 Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival's Field of 64 Projection

I love seeing the 1 seed, but that would be a pretty tough regional.

Comment

We really needa get a national seed this year to have another legitimate shot at getting to Omaha.

If the above bracket held true.. going to Tempe to play Arizona State in the supers is NOT the way to get to Omaha..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree shockerfever. Tempe is not a good route to Omaha.

Comment

Especially since this projects us as the weakest #1. Although, I wouldnt complain about hosting again.
          YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
            Especially since this projects us as the weakest #1. Although, I wouldnt complain about hosting again.

Teams 9-16 are not seeded.

Comment

It appears our schedule is more favorable this year to get a national seed if we take care of business. At least the MVC is getting a little respect so every weekend won't be an RPI killer.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

Teams 9-16 are not seeded.
                You're right in saying that those teams aren't seeded. However, isn't implied that if you're paired up against the top seed, you're generally regarded as the weakest one?

I always thought that's how it generally went..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree. Doesn't it seem odd that they say there are not seeded but to me whoever is matched up with the #1 national seed is getting the worst draw so they may as well be seeded.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
                    I agree. Doesn't it seem odd that they say there are not seeded but to me whoever is matched up with the #1 national seed is getting the worst draw so they may as well be seeded.

The team matched against the national #1 is getting the worst draw, but not necessarily because they are thought to be the #16 team.

There was a proposal a couple of years ago to start ranking teams 1-16 but it never went into effect for some reason.

Regionals are matched up based on geography, attractiveness of the series, etc.

Such as last year: Long Beach State and San Diego, Rice and Texas A&M, Missouri and Arkansas, South Carolina and North Carolina. Even Wichita State and Texas, because of the coaches, is an attractive possible super.

Comment

I took it as us being the #9 team in the rankings. Which would put us as going to North Carolina for the Supers.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

I took it as us being the #9 team in the rankings. Which would put us as going to North Carolina for the Supers.

In Kendall's projections, the regionals matched against each other are side by side.

Comment

In Kendall's projections, the regionals matched against each other are side by side.
                          Really? I must have missed where it said that.
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Really? I must have missed where it said that.
                            I guess he says this on the message board:

Originally posted by Kendall Rogers
                            We paired them for grins, but here's an early look at who we believe will make the field of 64 come June.
                            If that's what you were referring to.
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

It's just the standard way that it's done.

Comment

Working...
                              X