Rivals.com Player Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals.com Player Power Rankings

Has Conor as #8 for third base and Aaron #13 for pitchers.

Gene not listed on the coaching one is a travesty to me, but whatever.

THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Soggy Burrito on the list but not Mean Gene???

Is Jays switch pitcher really better than AS???

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      Is Jays switch pitcher really better than AS???

Last year

Venditte 8-2, 1.88 ERA, 4 saves, 99 k, 22 bb

Shafer 8-2, 2.23 ERA, 90 k, 23 bb

Comment

When comparing a starter to a reliever with those stats, I'd give the nod to the starter.

Comment

Plus Shafer missed what was it like 3 weeks with arm problems, so his numbers would have been different, especially in regards to K's.
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Rivals not giving props to mid-major programs, gee what a suprise. If you want to see or read anything substantial regarding mid-major programs, Rivals is not the resource to go to. They do the basic minimum to ensure they look like they know what they are talking about, but their main focus is hanging from the nut sacks of BCS programs.

Comment

The national folks over at rivals have never been very impressed with us or Gene for that matter.
              THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Wow Weber isnt even listed for catchers. I know he doesnt have the best offensive stats but hes got to be the best defensive catcher in the country. They do list the SIU catcher about midway which is about right but to not have Weber listed at all is funked up. WSU is catcher's U. I suspect Weber will be on that list and pretty high up on it by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                  Wow Weber isnt even listed for catchers. I know he doesnt have the best offensive stats but hes got to be the best defensive catcher in the country. They do list the SIU catcher about midway which is about right but to not have Weber listed at all is funked up. WSU is catcher's U. I suspect Weber will be on that list and pretty high up on it by the end of the year.
                  And two catchers from Az. St. are listed. Curious.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Rivals not giving props to mid-major programs, gee what a suprise. If you want to see or read anything substantial regarding mid-major programs, Rivals is not the resource to go to. They do the basic minimum to ensure they look like they know what they are talking about, but their main focus is hanging from the nut sacks of BCS programs.
                    Right-on. If you don't play hardball in the Deep South or Southwest, no props from Rivals. Bunch-a tools.

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It's college baseball. Nobody can see every team, the only thing anybody can go by is stats. Which means good offensive players are going to get put ahead of good defensive players.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                        It's college baseball. Nobody can see every team, the only thing anybody can go by is stats. Which means good offensive players are going to get put ahead of good defensive players.
                        True but defensive stats are kept as well. Defense is second only to being able to call a good game and handle pitchers. I know catcher is considered a power position and its expected that you hit for some power but its the least important part of thier games. The fact that Gene actaully allows his catchers to call and control a game and pitcher makes them so much better at the next level. Not many schools let their catchers call games anymore and gene is one of the few. No wonder so many of genes backdrops "make it".

Comment

What it comes down to is, oh he plays in the SEC or PAC-10 he must be better than everyone from any other conference. No offense Charlie.

Comment

Rivals not giving props to mid-major programs, gee what a suprise.
                            Prior to it being Rivals, it was a Big 12 Baseball site, so that is the bias that this site has. Plus Kendal was never very fond of WSU and Mean Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                              Rivals not giving props to mid-major programs, gee what a suprise.
                              Prior to it being Rivals, it was a Big 12 Baseball site, so that is the bias that this site has. Plus Kendal was never very fond of WSU and Mean Gene.
                              Hence the reason why I will never put much stock into this site. WSU isn't some obscure program that occassionaly flashes up on radar from time-to-time, we've been a perennial power for the past 30 years. And for this site to dismiss the talent on this team and more specifically the head coach is just plain idiotic.

No disrespect to Vandy, Mizzou and UL's coaches, but those programs were just plain horrible and only recently have been on the national scene. But throw tradition and proven post season showings out the window when discussing WSU and who leads them.

But whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X