Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers make good early impression on Stephenson

Check out this article:

I didn't see Watkins from Goddard on the roster in todays paper. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by B A Smith
      I didn't see Watkins from Goddard on the roster in todays paper. Why?
      He is still a senior in high school. He will play next year unless he is drafted.

Comment

How big a difference will it make having Conor Gillaspie as an upper classmen and team leader instead of a guy like Sublett. Conor is my kind of intense!!!! Wish we could have four like him!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_
          How big a difference will it make having Conor Gillaspie as an upper classmen and team leader instead of a guy like Sublett. Conor is my kind of intense!!!! Wish we could have four like him!
          I don't know, maybe you should ask this question in July after we know if this team actually does something. Before you throw last year upperclassmen under the bus, lets just remember what they accomplished:

1. Won the MVC - which only 2 other teams have done in the last 7 years.

2. Won a regional and got to a super regional - which no team had since the format change in 1999.

I hope C.G. and this class of Juniors and Seniors have an itch to get to Omaha, but there plenty teams that are hyped in the pre-season and then don't deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            I don't know, maybe you should ask this question in July after we know if this team actually does something.
            Thats why I asked the question, so we can evaluate and see the difference. Maybe it won't make any difference? Maybe it will be negative because with Gene and JT it will be too intense? I asked how big a difference it will make. I take it from your answer you don't think it will help?

We heard a lot about the lack of leadership the past two seasons and we still had VERY GOOD years. I am not throwing the class as a whole under the bus, but there were people on those teams more worried about their pro career than winning at WSU. To some people that is fine, I personally don't care for that attitude.

Comment

I don't know, maybe you should ask this question in July after we know if this team actually does something.
              Thats why I asked the question, so we can evaluate and see the difference.
              If you read your post, it was a statement. A question usually ends up with a "?".

Maybe it won't make any difference? Maybe it will be negative because with Gene and JT it will be too intense? I asked how big a difference it will make. I take it from your answer you don't think it will help?
              I have no idea. Leadership is about being "setting an example". It's about being "tough", but also about "Love" - hence the term "Tough Love". Leadership is not something you just turn-on your junior or senior year. You are either a leader or not.

Every team comes in to the season "talking the talk", lets hope this team can walk it.

Comment

Are you just trying to be an ass? I used a period instead of a question mark. SO SORRY!!! And yes I know it is not correct punctuation to use three exclamation points!

Usually we look to Juniors and Seniors to be leaders since they have been around the program and know what is expected. You like for them to set the attitude of the team and not the Freshman.

Comment

If you read your post, it was a statement. A question usually ends up with a "?".
                  Sentences that start with words like who, what, when, and HOW are usually questions.

Comment

You 2 are boring. :roll:

Comment

Are you just trying to be an ass? I used a period instead of a question mark. SO SORRY!!! And yes I know it is not correct punctuation to use three exclamation points!
                      Your being the ass. Your getting pissed because I didn't understand your what your writing. Sorry, it up to you to write clearly. Read your statement again - it sounds like you hyping Connor while dissing Sublette.

Usually we look to Juniors and Seniors to be leaders since they have been around the program and know what is expected. You like for them to set the attitude of the team and not the Freshman.
                      Your right, the Junior and Senior should be setting the tone and attitude for the team. But you can look at past teams and you will see that the true leaders will shine no matter what class they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                        You 2 are boring. :roll:
                        AMEN!!! Sorry to all.

Let me try again. I love Conor's attitude and work ethic. I really hope other players see the effort he gives and try to be like him.

Comment

I don't think it's fair or accurate to call Damon Sublett the team leader last year.

Conor will be a leader this year, but so will Tyler Weber, Andy Dirks, and Tyler Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                            I don't think it's fair or accurate to call Damon Sublett the team leader last year.

Conor will be a leader this year, but so will Tyler Weber, Andy Dirks, and Tyler Hill.
                            Agree. I also think that is a group of guys that have a work ethic that closer resembles Shocker teams of the past that had a "refuse to lose" attitude. I am excited to see if this group of "leaders" can create an environment that will help take us to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                            X