Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    wellphuck
    The last game loss to Memphis came back to haunt them.
    Battling with ECU takes everything and wore them down. They would have crushed the other side of the AAC bracket.

Tulane winning yesterday and only playing one game was a big deal in this one. They had plenty of rested arms and it showed.

Yes, it was nice to beat and send ECU home, but they are in anyway. ECU may have some drunken hillbilly fans, but they are good.

Real good.

And it took everything WSU had to beat them. And Tulane was the beneficiary today.

Have to be proud of this bunch. They played their asses off. Great bunch of kids!

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I had never watched an inning of WSU baseball until this season. I am already looking forward to next season.

Comment

• A shame that 10 runs isn’t enough to win you a game. If we get some pitching depth of any kind, we’d be a pain in the ass to deal with.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• These guys deserve a heroes welcome. Shame there’s never any season ending events open to the public.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• The better team lost today, but that's how the script was written.

I feel so bad for Favors, Stroh and the rest of the seniors for getting to within one point of making it to the NCAA tournament they should have rightly expected to participate in as a Shocker at some point in their career.

But they will always be celebrated as the guys that turned this program back around. And thats one heck of an accomplishment in and of itself!

Thanks for the memories boys!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Man that sucks. Not a clean game and they had nothing left, but man were they letting em hang. I can live with that.

Please stick around and start something. There's enough good youth to form a core you could build a tournament team around. But they gotta stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                The better team lost today, but that's how the script was written.

I feel so bad for Favors, Stroh and the rest of the seniors for getting to within one point of making it to the NCAA tournament they should have rightly expected to participate in as a Shocker at some point in their career.

But they will always be celebrated as the guys that turned this program back around. And thats one heck of an accomplishment in and of itself!

Thanks for the memories boys!
                Love your new-found passion in Shocker baseball. Great to see!!

BUT........
                It's not a ONE POINT!!! It's one RUN!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

BUT........
                  Hell of a match, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Hell of a match, though!
                    They almost had them in that last period!!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

They almost had them in that last period!!
                      One more down and they would have had them

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Hell of a match, though!
                        At least I didn't call it a fixture. Anyway, suck it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

BUT........
                          I played a sport where running is what you do constantly for 90 minutes. Do it once in baseball and everyone cheers. Sheesh.

Comment

• Wichita is more fun when Shocker sports matter… keep it up!

Comment

• Very proud of this team. However small it may be, my next NIL donation is earmarked for baseball.

Comment

• I had to tune out after the bottom of the 6th and am just now checking back in. Sounds like a heckuva an effort by the Shocks. Look forward watching the final 3 innings and catching up on everyone's thoughts and observations later tonight.. Had to be a heartbreaker. But kudos for these guys for battling to the very end.

Comment

Working...
                                X