• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU at Cincinnati (Mar 31, Apr 1-2)

Cincinnati

Wins/losses: 11 - 15
    ELO: 182
    RPI: 173
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

The Shocks need to keep the momentum going. At a minimum they need to go 2-1 vs the Bearcats. However, a sweep would be nice and is doable.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Friday's game doesn't happen. 90% of rain right now. If I had to guess, double header Saturday and single on Sunday. If the schedule gets crimped there's no way to play 2 on Sunday with travel plans (flying).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Don't be surprised if Friday's game doesn't happen. 90% of rain right now. If I had to guess, double header Saturday and single on Sunday. If the schedule gets crimped there's no way to play 2 on Sunday with travel plans (flying).
        Totally unrelated to the Shockers but I heard on the radio this morning on my drive to the office that the San Diego Padres have had 3 rainouts at Petco Park in the last 19 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Totally unrelated to the Shockers but I heard on the radio this morning on my drive to the office that the San Diego Padres have had 3 rainouts at Petco Park in the last 19 years.
          Wow.

Comment

Let's feed these guys more Jose Peppers!!!

Comment

Some quick national rankings for offense and defense from warrennolan.com ...

Offense
              76th Runs/game
              43rd Hits/game

Defense
              38th Runs/game allowed
              43rd Hits/game allowed

Kind of wild how we're exactly 43rd in the country in both hits/game and hits/game allowed.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't think it's going to matter, but I like the effort. The evening looks like storms, which means lightning which all but eliminates the possibility of getting the game in even if it doesn't rain or it lets up enough to continue to play.

At least with the earlier start the forecast is calling for just rain, so if they can get some break in the weather they might be able to squeeze it in.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I don't think it's going to matter, but I like the effort. The evening looks like storms, which means lightning which all but eliminates the possibility of getting the game in even if it doesn't rain or it lets up enough to continue to play.

At least with the earlier start the forecast is calling for just rain, so if they can get some break in the weather they might be able to squeeze it in.
                    Its been raining here all morning and will continue throughout most of the day. Rain this PM supposed to be a combo of showers and possible T-storms. Ugh.
                    Strong storms are forecast tonight and then then a high wind warning (gusts of 50-60 mph) is in effect for tomorrow. Tough to play baseball in constant rain and high winds.
                    Sunday should be ok to at least get one game in this weekend.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Man I hope we can get 3 in. This is a very sweepable weekend for us. Like 72 said earlier, 2-1 is a must but a sweep would be huge and is very doable. The conference as a whole is down this year. I think this team has the hitting talent and front-line starters to make the tournament, at this point we'd have to win the tourney but thats possible. Especially with ECU being the only great team this year, that makes a run in the conference tournament very possible.

Comment

We're 2-10 vs UC since joining the AAC so in my mind, a sweep is not even worth the time to talk about. Yes, we're a much more talented team, but that's meant little to date.

The voice of the Shockers and Denning Gerig on the call. Best in the nation.

Comment

G F damn it Chuck.

Comment

Great piece of hitting by Tolle gives us a 1-0 lead. Should be a monster inning if not for Chuck getting picked off.

Comment

This is Cincinnati’s Friday starter?! We should be salivating.

Comment

Working...
                              X