Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs Oklahoma State (Mar 22, Apr 4, Apr 25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went to the game, decent crowd...lots of OSU fans. Pitching absolutely stunk outside of Nate Snead and Matt Boyer tonight.

I hate to say it... but the Pelfrey pitching coach experiment is pretty bad.

Comment

I hate to say it Doc, but this team is no where near where you thought it was gonna be.

And yes, Pelfrey hasn't done jack **** since he's been here.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At least the grain gang humiliated each OSU batter with the “left, right, leafy, right” after each strikeout. They should do it after each home run hitter crossed the plate, that would really show them.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It's interesting that Bye has the most experience, but he hasn't had a good outing yet. Everyone else (pitchers) has had good to very good moments. You'd have thought that his experience would have made him a candidate for #1 Starter, but crapped every game.

Every time I am about to go to a game, they make it seem not worth my time during the prior game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I hate to say it Doc, but this team is no where near where you thought it was gonna be.

And yes, Pelfrey hasn't done jack **** since he's been here.
            First line, no argument from me. This is a team that has every chance to be 14-6 or better and is 10-10. Consistency and willingness to win have not been found. Disappointing to say the least.

We're going to have to disagree on 2. The pitching is markedly improved. Still not good enough, but markedly improved.

And so has the young talent.

But anyway.....One little takeaway that wasn't scratch out your eyes painful last night was watching Nate Snead get another chance out of the pen, albeit when the game was decided. Young man's first fastball was 97 and he threw 5 in row at one point 99, 99, 100, 100, 99. And yes, there's more to pitching than throwing 100 but he's a talent.

And given some of the other results, it's probably time for more Snead and his freshman teammate Michael Mulhollon to get more action. If the game results aren't going to matter, and at this point they don't, might as well see what the youngsters can bring.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              But anyway.....One little takeaway that wasn't scratch out your eyes painful last night was watching Nate Snead get another chance out of the pen, albeit when the game was decided. Young man's first fastball was 97 and he threw 5 in row at one point 99, 99, 100, 100, 99. And yes, there's more to pitching than throwing 100 but he's a talent.
              Was listening on the radio and Kennedy repeated multiple times, "if the radar isn't broken", "if the radar is accurate", "my goodness", etc. etc. regarding Snead's pitching. :)

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I agree Nate Sneed was worth the price of admission.

Comment

These guys kicked our asses last time, 1-10, but they are #16 in the country. Time for some payback at their place!

I have updated the links in the first post.

Matt Boyer will get the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    These guys kicked our asses last time, 1-10, but they are #16 in the country. Time for some payback at their place!

I have updated the links in the first post.

Matt Boyer will get the start.
                    Interesting that they are starting Matt Boyer against OSU. The Shocks had Matt Boyer warming up in the bullpen in the 9th inning of the loss to Cincy on Sunday. Either he was just getting in a little bullpen work in advance of a planned start vs OSU or the Shocks did not have enough confidence in him to bring him in. Hopefully, it's the former and Matt will be up to the challenge in front of him tonight.

Comment

Not sure about the decision to start Boyer

Comment

We're off to a good start hitting wise.

Comment

Boyer gets a K off the second batter.

Comment

Boyer was solid there.

Comment

These announcers loved the old school OSU rivalry.

Comment

Eesh. Miner a little wild on second pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X