Clear All

Some early stats from the Northwoods League:

Position Players:
    Xavier Caserrilla (La Crosse Loggers): .258 BA (8-31); .817 OPS
    Kyte McDonald (Fon Du Lac Spiders): .184 BA (9-49); .639 OPS
    Seth Stroh (Wisconsin Rapid Rafters): .097 BA (3-31); .394 OPS
    Gage Williams (Kenosha Kingfish): .077 BA (2-26; .365 OPS

Pitchers:
    Caden Favors (Wisconsin Rapid Rafters): 3.38 ERA over 8 innings; 0.88 WHIP; 4K/2BB
    Clark Candiotti (Kenosha Kingfish): 0.82 ERA over 22 innings; 0.95 WHIP; 21K/6BB
    Matt Wilkinson (Willmar Stingers): 7.45 ERA over 9.2 innings; 1.03 WHIP; 13K/7BB/5HBP

Pretty impressive work by Candiotti, the 6-5 RHP out of Grayson Junior College.

Matt Wilkinson's numbers are interesting only giving up 3 hits in 9.2 innings with 13 strikeouts. But apparently a lot of those 7 walks and 5 hit by pitches are coming around to score. Apparently, a guy with good stuff but not so good command.

Comment

Some early stats from the California Collegiate League:

Position Players:
      Jordan Rogers (Arroyo Seco Saints): .188 BA (3-16); .722 OPS
      Cooper Harris (Arroyo Seco Saints); .091 BA (1-11); .503 OPS

Pitchers:
      Robert Cranz (Santa Barbara Foresters): 7.10 ERA over 6.1 innings; 1.74 WHIP; 10K / 4BB
      Payton Tolle (Santa Barbara Foresters); 5.40 ERA over 5.0 innings; 1.41 WHIP; 4K / 3 BB

Comment

Some early stats from the Cape Cod League:

Position Players:
        Chuck Ingram (Chathan Anglers): .000 BA (0-7); .125 OPS. 4 strikeouts in 8 at bats.
        Brock Rodden (Orleans Firebirds): .000 BA (0-7); .125 OPS 2 strikeouts in 8 at bats.

Pitchers:
        Cameron Bye (Bourne Braves): 0.00 ERA in 1.2 innings. Gave up 1 hit. No strikeouts and no walks.

Perhaps way too early stats.

Comment

Some early stats from the Sunflower Collegiate League:

Position Players:
          Alex Birge (Hutchinson Monarchs): .333 BA (6-18); 1.066 OPS; a home run and 2 doubles among is 3 hits; 1 strikeout and 3 walks.
          Will Stark (Hutchinson Monarchs): .263 BA (5-19); .596 OPS
          Sawyre Thornhill (Hutchinson Monarchs): .333 BA (1-3); 1.333 OPS; has only played in 1 of the teams 10 games. His only hit was a triple.
          Jackson Young (Newton Sluggin Rebels): .133 BA (2-15); .368 OPS

Pitchers:
          Nate Adler (Hutchinson Monarchs); 5.40 ERA in 6.2 innings; 1.00 WHIP; 15K / 2 BB; 15 strikeouts with 26 batters faced.
          Jace Minor (Cheney Diamond Dogs): 11.11 ERA in 5.2 innings; 3.00 WHIP; 7K / 7BB

Some early stats from the Kansas Collegiate League:

Pitchers:
          Ty Howry (Kansas Cannons): 2.25 ERA in 4 innings; 1.25 WHIP; 5K / 1BB

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 17, 2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Probably too small of a sample size to read much into it although with the exception of Clark Candiotti, Caden Favors and maybe Ty Howry it has been a rather underwhelming start to summer ball for Shocker players. Candiotti the most impressive and has one of the larger sample sizes.

Comment

Thanks ‘72. Will Stevens is in the portal and won’t be returning.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Thanks ‘72. Will Stevens is in the portal and won’t be returning.
                Thanks, hard to keep up.

Comment

I'm not a regular on the baseball board but this just kind of exhibits apathy has set in. I log on here a week after just to find our ace transferred and except for the dozen or so hardcore baseball fans it's on no one's radar. I'm not saying he only has 1 more season but Wedge's seat has to start warming next season. Am I wrong? Seems like we're getting killed on the in-state recruiting trail. Not at all what I expected at this point in the EW era.

Comment

Running off all of the prior staffs guys off and now losing most of your guys says everything about Wedge. Name one player who has improved year over year under Wedge. You can’t because he has no clue how to develop a college baseball player.

Comment

Wedge should start feeling a little butt sweat if we’re not competing for the top of the AAC and/or a regional bid next year. I still think Kevin Hooper was the huge swing and miss by go figure, Boatright.
                      Last edited by ShockerFever; June 19, 2022, 03:46 PM.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This year was a disaster, but we were competitive the year before and off to a great start when the Covid shutdown hit. I agree, if we struggle again next season, I will start to doubt if he can get through to today’s kids. It is a challenge. I’ve coached high school for over twenty years and each year it gets more difficult to get through to them. I expected huge years out of Kocis, Sigrist, Stroh, Cornblum, Kaminska, and Stuempfig, but they all struggled.

Comment

Originally posted by Top of the Shock View Post
                          Running off all of the prior staffs guys off and now losing most of your guys says everything about Wedge.
                          Curious as to whom you consider "run off"?

"Losing most of your guys" is a false statement. Be that as it may, the following won't return next year:

Andrew Stewart - Graduated
                          Couper Cornblum - Transferred
                          Jack Sigirst - Graduated
                          Ross Cadena - Graduated
                          Ryan Stuempfig - Graduated
                          Connor Holden - Graduated
                          Spencer Hynes - Graduated
                          Derek Shaver - Transferred
                          Adam Ketelsen - Graduated
                          Will Stevens - Transferred
                          Garrett Kocis - Graduated
                          Drew Miller - Transferred
                          Jace Kaminska - Transferred
                          Foster Gifford - Graduated
                          Creighton Hansen - Graduated/Transferred
                          Grayson Jones - Graduated
                          LJ McDonough - Transferred

That's 17 total. 10 Graduated. I think that's a good thing for the student athlete. Perhaps you don't? 7 more are transferring.

Even if you wanted to blame the staff for all seven (and you'd be dead wrong if you did), it's 2022. Transfers are happening EVERYWHERE and in mass numbers. I read there are almost 4000 names in the baseball portal (D1-3 but not juco or NAIA), Kids want to play, and coaches want to upgrade. ALL coaches, whether it's Dave Van Horn, Tony Vitello, Eric Wedge or random new guy.

So please, tell us more about all these "prior staff's guys" that Wedge has run off.

Comment

Originally posted by Top of the Shock View Post
                            Running off all of the prior staffs guys off and now losing most of your guys says everything about Wedge. Name one player who has improved year over year under Wedge. You can’t because he has no clue how to develop a college baseball player.
                            How about 4?

Improved YoY 2021 to 2022:

Chuck Ingram: .225 to .310
                            Andrew Stewart: .201 to .249
                            Seth Stroh: .231 to .257
                            Cameron Bye: 4.97 to 3.76

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Curious as to whom you consider "run off"?

"Losing most of your guys" is a false statement. Be that as it may, the following won't return next year:

Andrew Stewart - Graduated
                              Couper Cornblum - Transferred
                              Jack Sigirst - Graduated
                              Ross Cadena - Graduated
                              Ryan Stuempfig - Graduated
                              Connor Holden - Graduated
                              Spencer Hynes - Graduated
                              Derek Shaver - Transferred
                              Adam Ketelsen - Graduated
                              Will Stevens - Transferred
                              Garrett Kocis - Graduated
                              Drew Miller - Transferred
                              Jace Kaminska - Transferred
                              Foster Gifford - Graduated
                              Creighton Hansen - Graduated/Transferred
                              Grayson Jones - Graduated
                              LJ McDonough - Transferred

That's 17 total. 10 Graduated. I think that's a good thing for the student athlete. Perhaps you don't? 7 more are transferring.

Even if you wanted to blame the staff for all seven (and you'd be dead wrong if you did), it's 2022. Transfers are happening EVERYWHERE and in mass numbers. I read there are almost 4000 names in the baseball portal (D1-3 but not juco or NAIA), Kids want to play, and coaches want to upgrade. ALL coaches, whether it's Dave Van Horn, Tony Vitello, Eric Wedge or random new guy.

So please, tell us more about all these "prior staff's guys" that Wedge has run off.

Please don’t use facts….

Comment

Casserilla, portal.

Comment

Working...
                                X