Preseason AAC Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason AAC Poll

Little surprised to see nothing so far, but the poll is out and has been for awhile.

2022 Preseason Poll
    1 ECU (6) 48
    2 Tulane (1) 36
    3 Cincinnati 30
    4 Wichita State 29
    5 UCF 28
    6 South Florida (1) 26
    7 Houston 20
    8 Memphis 7

3 to 6 a total tossup according to this. USF was awfully good last year to be picked 6th I think (somebody picked them 1st).

Kocis and Kaminska are 1st team.

ECU certainly deserving of 1st. Tulane has a ton of talent and plays with an edge. I think our league is pretty solid. Only Houston and Memphis have weak programs right now.

The conference needs to have a good non-conference result this year. AAC should be a 3 or 4 bid conference, but if the conference teams don't do the work in non-conference it will be another dog-eat-dog conference battle with another 2 bid result.
    Last edited by SB Shock; January 3, 2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Good to see ECU is at least relevant in one sport.

Comment

Should be a fun conference season with some good teams in there 1-6. Hopefully I can get back to the dub for a series.

Comment

Such a strong baseball conference. The non con is pretty salty, too. It will be fun to watch this team develop this spring.

Comment

Looking forward to the season opener in a month. Anything to get my attention away from basketball as quick as possible.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I see the roster has been updated. It would appear we've lost/cut Ben Taxdahl, Zachery Harrison and Taylor Calcote.

I can't remember the roster sizes, but with Covid issues it may not matter this season. They might relax the numbers or else games will be cancelled everywhere.

Anxious to get to the yard and see what the rotation is going to look like. I like our fielding set up with just a couple of questions. Can we have enough starting pitching?

If we can get consistent help for Jace, I think this is a tournament team. But they are going to be tested early away from home, and a slow start could prove tough to overcome.

We should be better defensively than we've been in 15+ years. The only hole in the lineup hitting wise is at short, and Stewart was serviceable late in the season.

I think we can find closers and Holden has looked good anyway.

Are there at least 3 other reliable starters somewhere? Will Stevens showed promise and velo in the fall. Stumpy has been good in short outings and rumors of him taking the next step have been about. Personally, I will continue to hold out hope for Lindemann until he graduates. Hynes has ability but struggled mightily with control. Newcomers Tolle and Miner have a lot of upside.

Hansen and Bye in particular have really good stuff but haven't shown much if anything in game action. Austin Wallace and Caden Favors are interesting LHP options worth a look.

In a perfect world, Stumpy is a reliable inning eater against all but the best teams. Hynes finds his control and is a lefty nightmare in the mid 90s. Will Stevens gets it all together and pushes Jace for the ace tag. We develop Tolle or Miner into the 5th starter and the other starter in waiting for next season. That leaves a full pen with lots of options on both sides and we're BACK as a program.

But it's spring 3 for Covid, so who the eff knows what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I see the roster has been updated. It would appear we've lost/cut Ben Taxdahl, Zachery Harrison and Taylor Calcote.

I can't remember the roster sizes, but with Covid issues it may not matter this season. They might relax the numbers or else games will be cancelled everywhere.

Anxious to get to the yard and see what the rotation is going to look like. I like our fielding set up with just a couple of questions. Can we have enough starting pitching?

If we can get consistent help for Jace, I think this is a tournament team. But they are going to be tested early away from home, and a slow start could prove tough to overcome.

We should be better defensively than we've been in 15+ years. The only hole in the lineup hitting wise is at short, and Stewart was serviceable late in the season.

I think we can find closers and Holden has looked good anyway.

Are there at least 3 other reliable starters somewhere? Will Stevens showed promise and velo in the fall. Stumpy has been good in short outings and rumors of him taking the next step have been about. Personally, I will continue to hold out hope for Lindemann until he graduates. Hynes has ability but struggled mightily with control. Newcomers Tolle and Miner have a lot of upside.

Hansen and Bye in particular have really good stuff but haven't shown much if anything in game action. Austin Wallace and Caden Favors are interesting LHP options worth a look.

In a perfect world, Stumpy is a reliable inning eater against all but the best teams. Hynes finds his control and is a lefty nightmare in the mid 90s. Will Stevens gets it all together and pushes Jace for the ace tag. We develop Tolle or Miner into the 5th starter and the other starter in waiting for next season. That leaves a full pen with lots of options on both sides and we're BACK as a program.

But it's spring 3 for Covid, so who the eff knows what will happen.
                Thanks Doc. Uplifting even with your last sentence.
                Last edited by Ashockalypse; January 9, 2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMacKC View Post
                  Such a strong baseball conference. The non con is pretty salty, too. It will be fun to watch this team develop this spring.

Amen. I'm eagerly awaiting baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X