2021 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The Huskers and Hogs were tied 2-2 after 8 innings. Nebraska was the home team in this one. With 2 outs in the top of the 9th Arkansas loaded the bases on 3 walks. A wild pitch then allowed the go ahead run to score. The Hogs then nailed the coffin shut with a 3-run jack to make it 6-2. The Huskers only managed to get 1 runner on by a hit by pitch with 2-outs in the bottom of the 9th.

Arkansas advances.
    Congrats to Charlie Hog.

Comment

AAC: 6-1
      SEC: 21-9
      Big 12: 8-4
      Pac-12: 14-9
      ACC: 15-11
      Missouri Valley: 4-3
      Big West: 5-4
      C-USA: 8-7
      Big Ten: 5-6
      ASUN, Big South, MAAC: 2-4

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The Huskers and Hogs were tied 2-2 after 8 innings. Nebraska was the home team in this one. With 2 outs in the top of the 9th Arkansas loaded the bases on 3 walks. A wild pitch then allowed the go ahead run to score. The Hogs then nailed the coffin shut with a 3-run jack to make it 6-2. The Huskers only managed to get 1 runner on by a hit by pitch with 2-outs in the bottom of the 9th.

Arkansas advances.

I have seen a lot of big moments at Baum Stadium (including you know what) but I have never in my life heard it as loud as it was when Welch hit that home run.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post

I have seen a lot of big moments at Baum Stadium (including you know what) but I have never in my life heard it as loud as it was when Welch hit that home run.
          Pretty cool the interaction between NJIT and Arkansas fans and neighbors during this regional.

And by pretty cool, I mean incredibly heartwarming and soul cleansing cool.

(Honestly trying to not be political) Maybe if we all could listen to our politicians and media less, we'd discover that we get along just fine. 'Murica.

Very well done to you and your Hog faithful CharlieHog

Comment

I think as a whole the Arkansas fanbase represents well. But the pig sooie chant and foam hats got to go. Just too cringeworthy.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I think as a whole the Arkansas fanbase represents well. But the pig sooie chant and foam hats got to go. Just too cringeworthy.

He thought it cringeworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Followed by a famous movie clip from Deliverance... sorry Charlie.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Pretty cool the interaction between NJIT and Arkansas fans and neighbors during this regional.

And by pretty cool, I mean incredibly heartwarming and soul cleansing cool.

(Honestly trying to not be political) Maybe if we all could listen to our politicians and media less, we'd discover that we get along just fine. 'Murica.

Very well done to you and your Hog faithful CharlieHog

The way the NJIT team and fans bonded with Hog fans was really cool. It was a fun regional, and one of the best parts was rooting for NJIT against Northeastern to get their first ever tournament win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

John Pelphrey is probably the worst coach in the history of our athletics program, and he really did leave our basketball program in a sorry state when he was fired. I don't hold much of a grudge for Altman walking out on all that. Our basketball program is finally starting to get back to where it should be with Mussleman.

As for the Hog call, I can see how other fans might think it's cringeworthy. We think it's awesome. And I think when you are in midst of an entire stadium/arena of fans Calling the Hogs, it sounds really, really cool. Press conferences are always the absolute worst examples because it's only a few people.

Comment

Hogs are as smart as horses or so I've read. Hogs taste A LOT BETTER !

Comment

Unreal about NC State. I had no idea the NCAA was still testing. What really sucks is that four players that tested positive were vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Unreal about NC State. I had no idea the NCAA was still testing. What really sucks is that four players that tested positive were vaccinated.

and Texas goes home with a fantastic finish by Mississippi State in the bottom of the 9th!
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Glad to see Mississippi State take home the Title! They love their baseball program there, have a beautiful stadium and tier 1 fans. It is especially sweet as their win now only leaves two P5 schools without a team national championship. Va Tech and our very own K State.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                              Glad to see Mississippi State take home the Title! They love their baseball program there, have a beautiful stadium and tier 1 fans. It is especially sweet as their win now only leaves two P5 schools without a team national championship. Va Tech and our very own K State.

It is absolutely bonkers to me that these programs have not won a national championship in any sport. Ole Miss also got their first this past year, when they won women's golf.

Comment

Working...
                              X