AAC Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Conference Tournament

I found the schedule here: https://theamerican.org/calendar.asp...ll&season=2021

Here is the bracket schedule: https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...es/5108678001/

Is there a graphical bracket I can follow somewhere too?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

I hope the AAC site has the Away/Home as a misprint. WSU shouldn't be the visiting team as the higher seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I found the schedule here: https://theamerican.org/calendar.asp...ll&season=2021

Here is the bracket schedule: https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...es/5108678001/

Is there a graphical bracket I can follow somewhere too?
      Here is a printable bracket although it does not appear to be interactive.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I hope the AAC site has the Away/Home as a misprint. WSU shouldn't be the visiting team as the higher seed.
        I think that schedule does have WSU and USF flip-flopped. The higher seed is listed as the home team in the other 3 games. The bracket has WSU as the home team I think. Isn't the home team listed on he bottom of the bracket.

Comment

In our 2 previous visits to Clearwater, we had to dodge some coastal type rains, but this week is supposed to be warm and sunny. Today certainly is.

Guys had practice on the field (there is a 2nd field to take BP and then they take in and out on the main stadium field. It's a big time stadium, perfect for this tournament, if more people would attend. I realize it's tough and expensive to get here, but it's a great vacation site.

Looking forward to starting the tournament tomorrow! Go Shocks!

Comment

Visiting brother in Tampa; he has purchased tickets for the tournament. We are staying all week, so I hope I get to watch at least a couple of the Shockers' games

Edit - Tournament pass was $18 while the WSU Hat was $32 - go figure.
            Last edited by Shocker1976; May 24, 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Good deal! Enjoy the games. Does your brother have any suggestions near the Ballpark in between games?

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but All Conference was announced today. Shocks had 5 on first team. Kocis, Bartlett, Wallace, Haase and Kaminska. Jace was the Newcomer Pitcher of the Year.

Congrats to all of these young student athletes.

Regular season champion East Carolina picked up more hardware as the 2021 American Athletic Conference baseball postseason honors were announced Monday. The Pirates’ Connor Norby was selected as the Player of the Year, while Gavin Williams, was picked as Pitcher of the Year. ECU also took home Coach of the Year honors as head coach Cliff Godwin received the award for the third time. Tulane’s Bennett Lee was named Newcomer Position Player of the Year and Wichita State’s Jace Kaminska was selected as Newcomer Pitcher of the Year.

Comment

Certainly we struggled with USF 2 weeks ago, but then so did ECU last week so............

Listening to people that know, the consensus down here might be that USF has best overall pitching in the league. They are deep, and I wouldn't argue that. They don't have a Gage Williams I know, but top to bottom they are good.

I don't know who we'll go with tomorrow (ok I do but not saying). It's so important to win this first game. I hope the guys are ready from the 1st pitch. The program is improving, and we'll be even better sooner than later....are we ready to raise the Cup this weekend? I don't know, but I'm interested in finding out.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Good deal! Enjoy the games. Does your brother have any suggestions near the Ballpark in between games?
                    Lots of places within walking distance of Bay Park but our wives are going and they like -

Marina Cantina - 7 miles West on Highway 60

Poke Havana - 7 miles West - Cuban food

Sea-Guini - 8 miles West

Seaweed - 9 miles West

Columbia Restaurant - 10 miles West but a great place for Cuban food

Comment

Been to Columbia, love it. Special, unique place. Will try one of your suggestions, thank you!

Comment

UCF just blew open the first game with a 9-run 8th inning. 13-8 over Cincy.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Bearcats strike back with a two-run homer to close it to 13-10. On to the 9th.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Cincy loaded the bases in the bottom of the ninth, but the guy who homered in the eighth lined out to left. 14-10 final.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

According to the stats, Cincy left 13 people on base. Usually that doesn't came around and bite you when you score 10 runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X