AAC Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I don't know who we'll go with tomorrow (ok I do but not saying). It's so important to win this first game. I hope the guys are ready from the 1st pitch.
    Well if you go by who had the best overall season Jace Kaminska is the easy choice. However, if you go by who performed the best in the series split with UCF about 10 days ago you probably would go with Liam Eddy. Against USF Jace went in game 1 and gave up 7 runs in 4.2 innings in a 2-8 loss, Liam went in game 2 and gave up 2 runs in 7 innings in a 9-3 win. Snavely has only made it past the 5th in 1 of his last 6 starts in which he posted an ERA of 9.12 and Gareth Stroh has an 8.62 ERA in his 4 May starts.

On the other hand who do you want available to start the Championship game most likely against ECU. Jace was very good against ECU giving up on 2 runs in 7 innings. Liam was horrible in his start against ECU giving up 5 runs and only recording 1 out.

So yeah, this first game is huge. The odds of making the Championship game fall drastically if they don't win this first game.

I hope the Shocks are ready to play as well. In their 8 AAC series this year they a 2-6 in Game 1 of the series and those 2 wins came in series against Houston and Memphis, the bottom two teams in the standings.

If it is my decision I go with Jace in this game.

Comment

Cincinnati is unreal. How do you score 10 and lose? They probably should have scored 17-20. They swing the bats with very bad intentions. This is one reason I thought it so important to be in the other bracket.

Talked to an AAC guy and as I suspected anyway, there's NO way we're playing at the scheduled time. Obviously the next 2 games will dictate, but the idea now is 730-8 Wichita time, and if we get one more game close to this fiasco, it will be 9 before our game starts. With any luck ECU run rules Memphis 10-0 after 7 (yes the run rule is in effect until the Championship game).

Hunter ******* may hit 5 dingers against Cincy pitching tomorrow. It won't be enough, but could be fun to watch.

Comment

AAC POY Connor Norby led off the bottom of the 1st with a HR on a 1-0 count, but otherwise this game is trucking along. Smith for ECU and Stinnett for Memphis are throwing strikes with regularity and little screwing around. Top of the 3rd already and we haven't been on the field 20 minutes I think. Great pace to try and get things back on track.

I don't want to be playing into Tuesday morning.

Edit: Not paying attention, ECU got cute with the rotation. Smith has walked the bases full (1 HBP) with no out and the game has slowed.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; May 25, 2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

3 walks and a HBP and it's 1-1. No outs, and no balls in play yet. Ball 1. Ball 2. And THIS is why you don't bench your best pitcher. 2-1. And Hunter G is waiting, and salivating. 3-1. Sac fly 2-1 Tigers and here comes *******.

Comment

Double scores 2. DO NOT SIT YOUR BEST PITCHER!

4-1 Tigers.

Comment

Double scores 2. DO NOT SIT YOUR BEST PITCHER!

4-1 Tigers.
              This would be awesome!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

5-1 Tigers over ECU -- holy shnikies!

Comment

ECU gonna get Evansvilled?

Comment

The question is whether Tiger pitching can continue to keep the Pirates' bats quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                      Cincy loaded the bases in the bottom of the ninth, but the guy who homered in the eighth lined out to left. 14-10 final.
                      Good. Eff Cincinnati.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        5-1 Tigers over ECU -- holy shnikies!
                        Wedgie is a mastermind for letting Memphis get some confidence with the bats last weekend.

Comment

9-1 Memphis. So far, so good!

Back-to-back-to-back Tiger homers in the top of the 5th.

Comment

Doc is right. This is gonna be a late night.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If somehow Memphis can score a couple more this could end early.

Comment

If somehow Memphis can score a couple more this could end early.
                                Not the run rule you were expecting lol
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X