Shocks @ Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    What if we actually split the Cincinnasty road series?!? What would that meeean?
    Not sure it means much at all, but with 11 of the first 15 conference games on the road against teams that were picked all around WSU (2, 4, 6) 9-6 looks pretty dang good vs 8-7, especially with top 10 ECU coming to town next week.

Comment

Our Junior and Senior leaders peed down their leg the past few games. Sitting down for a while this game, hopefully gave Wallace, Gibson, Van Vooren, and maybe a couple of others a better perspective. They’ve been disappointing, including Liam Eddy yesterday. Snavely was not as bad, but the opening pitcher used to be expected to “Set The Tone” for the series, so his start was a disappointment too.

OTOH, Jace Kaminska has made a case for starting the opening game and for sure, the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not sure it means much at all, but with 11 of the first 15 conference games on the road against teams that were picked all around WSU (2, 4, 6) 9-6 looks pretty dang good vs 8-7, especially with top 10 ECU coming to town next week.
        I don't know man, Cincinnasty has an RPI of 74. Splitting with them in an away series seems pretty darn good to me, but I fully admit I dont know squat about baseball RPI and away series. In my head it'd be a pretty amazing accomplishment considering how bad Friday went.

Certainly would be nice to restore our confidence heading into the monster series.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

What if we actually split the Cincinnasty road series?!? What would that meeean?
          1. WSU would get their Q3 record to 0.500 (5-5)
          2. Solidify their position in 3rd place in the conference - which keeps them out of the ECU bracket

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

1-4 in Q1
            0-4 in Q2
            4-5 in Q3

Those numbers just don't look very good, if WSU goal is to be NCAA tournament team.

If the goal is just to beat preseason expectations - well that would probably have gotten Todd Butler an extension.

Comment

I don't know man, Cincinnasty has an RPI of 74. .
              Not sure where you are getting your RPI, they are at 106

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Not sure where you are getting your RPI, they are at 106
                I just did a search and dont remember where, but more importantly, where should I get it from?

Comment

Ah found it on Warren Nolan. Sorry bout that.

Comment

I just did a search and dont remember where, but more importantly, where should I get it from?
                    Several places. The warren nolan you found is good because it provides "team sheets" and other host of tools. Boyds world, which has also the ISR which provides what has predictive capability between teams. Then there is the NCAA official RPI site.

2021 College Baseball RPI (Rating Percentage Index) Updated in REAL-TIME for Every Team at the Completion of Every Game.

Get updated NCAA Baseball DI rankings from every source, including coaches and national polls.

Comment

We have to have a better option than Hynes?

Comment

Hynes managed to get through the 1st. But the 1st 5 Cincy batters reached on 4 hits and a walk and two of those hits were homeruns. Aaron Bechtel on in relief but Cincy leads 3-0 with runners on the corners and no outs. Bechtel got the 1st 2 guys he faced without the runners advancing but then gave up a 2-our, 2-run double to put Cincy up 5-0.

It will be very difficult for the Shockers to come back from that kind of deficit even though it is still early. Cincy likely to score more and the Shockers offense is not exactly a powerhouse.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 25, 2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Really need to pull this one out of the gutter boys!

Comment

Shows you what I know. Ross Cadena hits a 2-out grand slam in the 3rd to make it 5-4. Shocks back in the game. Cadena's first home run of the season. Now we need the bullpen to have a good game.

Bechtel induces 3 consecutive pop ups to Jack Sigrist at 2nd in the bottom of the 3rd. So far he Aaron has been decent.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 25, 2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt View Post
                              We have to have a better option than Hynes?
                              I think Pogo and JJ Clamdip are better options than Hynes.

Comment

A 2-out RBI single by Jack Sigrist ties it up at 5-all in the fourth. All 5 Shocker runs have come with 2-outs. Gotta like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X