• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Thanks! Like I said, concerning.

Glad to see Jace get the ball for tonight's game. I like that move and moving Spencer to the last spot.

Big day, let's go Shox!!
    So, we have two games today, and Preston is going in the first, and Jace in the second?

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    The more I watch this team the more I think if anyone can push the right buttons it’s Wedgie. His comment that I want guys that get upset when we lose is a mindset that we haven’t had in over ten years. That can overcome a lot, although pitching is still a big concern.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    The nice thing about baseball is you generally never have to wait too long for a chance at redemption.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Coach K View Post
    Dvv is in concussion protocol from hitting his head on center field wall when he made catch vs Omaha. Gage is catching bullpens.
    Thanks! Like I said, concerning.

Glad to see Jace get the ball for tonight's game. I like that move and moving Spencer to the last spot.

Big day, let's go Shox!!

Leave a comment:

• Coach K
    replied
    Dvv is in concussion protocol from hitting his head on center field wall when he made catch vs Omaha. Gage is catching bullpens.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    No, it's a middling team. But Gasser is a good solid Friday guy. As has happened far too often over the last 12 or so years, we've made somebody's Friday guy look like Nolan Ryan.

I believe this team is at a crossroads, and tomorrow is a big day. I'm happy for the way they battled late, but the first 7 innings were unacceptable.

It appears David VanVooren didn't make the trip....and 3 of our better arms (potentially) in Lindemann, Hamilton and Peters still aren't ready.

I thought I saw Gage Williams but I could be mistaken. I have no idea why he'd be on the trip (I think we're limited to 30 but I'm not certain) but no DVV is concerning.

Really need Snavely to be on it from pitch one tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    This is not really that great of Houston team. I guess that says something.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Really poor approach at the plate for most of the game. At least competed in the 8th and 9th. Had 2 on (tying run on 1st) with 1 out in the ninth but Sigrist struck out on a pitch that never sniffed the zone (WAY too many Ks tonight) then Cornblum grounded out to end the game.

Literally gave them 3 runs. 1 error is misleading. Tomorrow is an important day for this team imho.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Wow.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    started a topic Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Not eight innings. Shocks and Houston play 8 consecutive games. 4 in Houston this weekend and 4 in Wichita next weekend.

Game 1 in Houston goes the Cougars 5-3. The Cougars spread out their scoring with 1 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd, 1 in the 4th and 1 in the 7th all earned and all charged to Liam Eddy. The Shocks bunched 3 of their 6 hits plus a Houston error to score all 3 of their runs in the 8th.

Houston with just a little better pitching and a little better hitting although although Houston on only had 1 more baserunner than the Shocks. Houston hit just a little better with runners on base and runners in scoring position.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 1, 2021, 10:10 PM.
Working...
X