X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Just want to drop this in here as I see the replay, S.W. Kim who is high on the leaderboard at The Masters trailing only by 3 at the time, hit 9 iron, 3 wood, 3 wood to the par 3 16th.

He broke his putter on the 15th.
    Augusta National makes you hit all the shots.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
    Hopefully Houston isn't fool's gold but I feel pretty good about where we are at today. Split the rest of the series and I'll be feeling really good.
    Houston is Quad 4 team. WSU should beat them and they need to beat them if they want an at-large bid. A split of the two remaining games means WSU resume will have another Q4 loss at home and their RPI will drop. There are not a lot resume games out there in league play, WSU just has to beat up on everybody not ECU.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerman
    replied
    Hopefully Houston isn't fool's gold but I feel pretty good about where we are at today. Split the rest of the series and I'll be feeling really good.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Terrific start to the weekend Shocks. Now this is the Liam Eddy we have been waiting on to show up.

Let's hope there is some staying power with this level of play.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post

That don't compute. A 3 wood after a 9 iron? Did he hit his drive to a different fairway?

Great win by the Shocks.
    He used his 3 wood as a putter...

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Just want to drop this in here as I see the replay, S.W. Kim who is high on the leaderboard at The Masters trailing only by 3 at the time, hit 9 iron, 3 wood, 3 wood to the par 3 16th.

That don't compute. A 3 wood after a 9 iron? Did he hit his drive to a different fairway?

Great win by the Shocks.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    7-1 final. 3 hits for Houston.

I thought it was important to start the conference strong seeing how Houston was picked ahead of us, and so far, so good. Gasser will beat a bunch of guys on Friday.

Let's have a good weekend guys. Go get 'em Jace.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied

Last edited by WuDrWu; April 9, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Houston throws their ace, get a gift early run to get out front, and our guys mash 15 hits and it's not much of a game. I'm sure Eric won't be thrilled about leaving SEVENTEEN on, many at 3rd with less than 2 outs, but if you're going to have problems, then have problems while leading 7-1 into the 9th.

Stumpy on to finish it. Liam Eddy was fanflippingtastic.

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    replied
    Liam Eddy looked like an ace tonight.

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    replied
    Paxton Wallace has made some fantastic plays defensively at third base today.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Wow, great play by Wallace. Eddy has been solid.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Gasser (UH ace) only had given up 7 extra base hits this year, and the Shox got 4 tonight. Frankly, we let him off the hook several times and he leaves in the 6th trailing 4-1.

Cougar D hasn't been any good but the Shox have 10 hits. Gasser threw 107 pitches.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Can we get some ads or Shocker logos on that giant concrete wall behind home plate?

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Top of the Shock View Post

Their near 200 RPI, weak bats and sloppy play tells me so. They are not good.
    But looks like they have some potential...

I’m going with ELO...
    2021 Houston Cougars Baseball Rankings by Week including Top 25 Polls, RPI Rank, Predicted RPI Rank, and ELO Rank

The UH baseball team enters the 2021 season with the No. 1 recruiting class in the American Athletic Conference, the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper announced on Friday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X