Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockm
    replied
    If anyone has access (paywall) to the Top AAC Baseball Prospects articles from several online publications like D1Baseball, Baseball America, it’d be interesting what the experts thought pre baseball season. I have a feeling that our guys aren’t highly thought of.

Gasser (Houston Pitcher) who we beat 10-1 yesterday was a highly rated Freshman recruit from California. I would doubt Kaminska was even mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    There was a debate a few pages back about whether or not Houston was a “bad team”. I think I’m going to have to go with the opinion that yes, they are really bad.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Had to be a huge thrill for Freshman Jace Kaminska to pitch a complete game in front of 7,500 fans. Especially considering Jace's home town, Caney, Kansas, has a population of around 2,000.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Do 7,500 show up if they could watch for free on TV?

Doubtful. Feel like this was done for word of mouth for the stadium versus TV snippets.
    I don''t know. Not sure that would have made any difference in this particular situation.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Do 7,500 show up if they could watch for free on TV?

Doubtful. Feel like this was done for word of mouth for the stadium versus TV snippets.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

It was excellent indeed, fans had a great time, all amenities are first class. Shox are looking very good with the kind of defense we got used to back in the day.

really a shame the AAC didn’t find a way to get this on TV. Great college baseball showcase.
    Especially since I was out of town this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• B&Gpassion
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Kennedy announced attendance at 7,500; excellent inaugural game for the stadium.

Shockers win tomorrow will prove to be a great home stand.
    It was excellent indeed, fans had a great time, all amenities are first class. Shox are looking very good with the kind of defense we got used to back in the day.

really a shame the AAC didn’t find a way to get this on TV. Great college baseball showcase.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied
    Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
    I am JACKED for this Riverfront game! What a drop dead awesome facility. GO SHOX!!
    Kennedy announced attendance at 7,500; excellent inaugural game for the stadium.

Shockers win tomorrow will prove to be a great home stand.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    The Shocks complete the triple clone. 3rd consecutive win over Houston with very good pitching, complete game gem by freshman Jace Kaminska, an efficient offense scoring 10 runs on 12 hits (although they still left 12 runners on base) and no errors again.

Leave a comment:

• B&Gpassion
    replied
    I am JACKED for this Riverfront game! What a drop dead awesome facility. GO SHOX!!

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Somebody post a picture or 2 of the stadium/field/crowd for us poor slobs who had to work today?

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    What a badly missed opportunity for the baseball program to showcase the program at a nice stadium in front of a big college crowd.

A real head scratcher by the AAC and the WSU athletic department.

Last edited by Veritas; April 10, 2021, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    replied
    Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Is Saturdays’s game not on ESPN+ ?
    Nope. I think every other AAC school is broadcasting every home baseball game, but for whatever reason we aren’t.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    Is Saturdays’s game not on ESPN+ ?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Just want to drop this in here as I see the replay, S.W. Kim who is high on the leaderboard at The Masters trailing only by 3 at the time, hit 9 iron, 3 wood, 3 wood to the par 3 16th.

He broke his putter on the 15th.
    I saw that. Was hilarious. He actually played pretty well. On the par three, the other two guys in the group bogeyed and he made par putting with his 3 wood. Lol!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X