Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pogo
    replied
    There were some pretty cool "FIRSTS" at the game yesterday. The FIRST home run hit in the new park, the FIRST grand slam in the new park and the FIRST complete game pitched this year by the Shockers

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    I have forgotten how much I like watching a pitcher prepare to make a pitch until the Houston pitcher I believe the third one to take the mound yesterday and his move to flick his arm and hand towards his hat perhaps before stepping onto the rubber. Despite my trepidations about the construction concept/ that was used to construct the stadium it turned out great. Of course they had a year off to tweek the things that needed to be done but it was great yesterday, I liked the phrase that was used to describe the opening by one of the Windsurge officials and attributed to the former owner "The Magic starts". You know I don't really mind the name Wind Surge as much now. Go Shocks

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Yes. I’m sure Caney and Tyro Ks have good athletes, and Jace had tons of strike outs, but in Going to Div. 1 baseball from 2A,l high school, his level of competition has shot exponentially.

Leave a comment:

• JJClamdip
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Actually according to his dad, he is from Tyro, Kansas, population 105....

Tyro was in my sales territory back in the 80’s & 90’s had a very good customer from there.

Part of the Coffeyville metro area.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Tyro feeds into Caney High. I missed it one time without blinking.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Had to be a huge thrill for Freshman Jace Kaminska to pitch a complete game in front of 7,500 fans. Especially considering Jace's home town, Caney, Kansas, has a population of around 2,000.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    RPI is up to 46.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Unbelievable venue in downtown Wichita. What a day. That was really a lot of fun in a big time atmosphere for big time college baseball. And the team delivered. This team actually looks like a tourney team. Their pitching has all of a sudden turned on a switch. They still leave a lot of runners on base, but they have some sticks. Maybe it's Houston too, but we look pretty legit. Nice to run up some wins against a team we hadn't beaten since the move to the AAC.

Gotta keep these downtown games coming. Easy in and easy out. And yes, it makes Eck look prehistoric now. Love Eck, but this place is another level. Wow. Glad it was full too. And mostly mask-abiding. Can't wait til those are gone too.

Let's get the sweep tomorrow and learn how to take the show on the road.

And to add, I agree. Major missed opportunity to have this one streamed and/or on TV. That would've looked good for college baseball. The only swing and miss of the day.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; April 10, 2021, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    9 days ago I feel certain most Shocker fans, myself very much included, would have been thrilled with 6 wins over the Cougars. I kind of feel greedy expecting #7 tomorrow. But greedy I shall be.

Go Shocks!

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    This may come across as a little snarky but I would wager that the 7,500 that watched the game today matches any yearly total of a FHCTB season.
    Not all that snarky, just #Facts. This is a team that's being coached to win games, and they appear to be learning lessons quickly.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    This may come across as a little snarky but I would wager that the 7,500 that watched the game today matches any yearly total of a FHCTB season.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Jace is not a under the radar talent (except for WSU fans who haven't been really paying attention these last few years).

He was the #1 rated pitcher in Kansas and 251st in the nation a RHP by perfect game. He would have been draft fairly high had the MLB draft not been cut down to 5 rounds. Lucky WSU gets him for 3 year. He maybe be part of the core that gets WSU back to Omaha.

Which 251st is a slap in the face too.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    The worst thing about the whole game day experience was the long wait to get into the stadium. They had to wand every person plus you had to take everything out of your pockets and put them in a basket on a table. Very slow process but they probably won't have the crowds like they did today. Had lots of access to eats and drinks and the bathroom situation looked like it was keeping up. It is a very nice stadium and sad to say but it makes Eck look like a dinosaur. I like the fact that all the restroom and concession areas are on the concourse and you don't miss anything standing in line. Arkansas had their concession stands laid out so that you could still see the game while getting something to eat or drink. Other than that my brother and I had a great time and the weather was beautiful. It was nice to experience a very large crowd of my fellow Shocker brothers and sisters watching our Shockers play ball. Go Shocks
    Last edited by pogo; April 11, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    I would doubt Kaminska was even mentioned.
    Jace is not a under the radar talent (except for WSU fans who haven't been really paying attention these last few years).

He was the #1 rated pitcher in Kansas and 251st in the nation a RHP by perfect game. He would have been draft fairly high had the MLB draft not been cut down to 5 rounds. Lucky WSU gets him for 3 year. He maybe be part of the core that gets WSU back to Omaha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X