Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Sod Poodles > Wind Surge

MiLB is full of odd names. Most names have either a relevance to the area or are fun/marketable in their oddness. Wind Surge really is neither.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to attending when the Naturals are in town.
    None of the names are perfect. Wind Surge is fine with me. You aren't from Wichita anyway (Augusta I think) so you'll probably go for the team who left South Central Kansas, and went to NW Arkansas. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

None of the names are perfect. Wind Surge is fine with me. You aren't from Wichita anyway (Augusta I think) so you'll probably go for the team who left South Central Kansas, and went to NW Arkansas. LOL
      So we're really going with anyone from not within the city limits of Wichita isn't a part of Wichita? Genius.

And I'm a Royals fan, so of course I'll be cheering on the Royals team, regardless of where they're located. Kind of goes with being a fan. But since you think you can only cheer for teams from where you're from, and I'm not from Wichita, I guess I can't be a Shockers fan either?

Your entire take was insanely weak. Being named after a weather term associated with hurricanes makes absolutely no sense in Wichita. But to each their own.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

So we're really going with anyone from not within the city limits of Wichita isn't a part of Wichita? Genius.

And I'm a Royals fan, so of course I'll be cheering on the Royals team, regardless of where they're located. Kind of goes with being a fan. But since you think you can only cheer for teams from where you're from, and I'm not from Wichita, I guess I can't be a Shockers fan either?

Your entire take was insanely weak. Being named after a weather term associated with hurricanes makes absolutely no sense in Wichita. But to each their own.
        Kinda messing with you. I like the Royals, even when they lose, and pay attention to their farms for their best players who will move up. However, I won't cheer on the NW Arkansas Wranglers team.

The NE Kansas Royals left S. Central Kansas. They used to have many fans in SW Missouri too, and now are losing some of them to the St. Louis Cards, and if they aren't careful, they will some lose support in SC Kansas too. They aren't the Yankees and cannot afford to make dumb decisions, even if they have an affinity for Walmart.
        Last edited by Shockm; May 12, 2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I listened to the game on the radio last night. Having never listened to minor league sports on the radio before, I may not be the best judge. But talk about weak color and play by play! That is horrible! Sure makes you appreciate Mike and even Shane doing the Shocker games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
            I listened to the game on the radio last night. Having never listened to minor league sports on the radio before, I may not be the best judge. But talk about weak color and play by play! That is horrible! Sure makes you appreciate Mike and even Shane doing the Shocker games.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
            X