X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU at ORU 3/2/2021

WSU at Oral Roberts
    Mar 2 (Tue) 3 p.m.

While not advertised on GoShockers, I think that we can possibly stream this game on ORUSN which is ORU's student-run "sports network". All home games are supposed to be free. This should be the link. If not, it should get you close and I will update it tomorrow:

ORU is 2-5. They were blown out of two games, but lost two others only 3-4, and the other 11-14. They haven't played an away game yet.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Josh Hansell is listed as the probable starter.

Comment

The link above should work. I finally get to watch a game!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Josh Hansell is listed as the probable starter.
        Clearly there are things at work that have a lot more to do with the bigger picture than the snapshot.

Go Shox!

Comment

2-0 WSU after the first. Shockers batted 8 and had a couple of clutch hits before eventually leaving the bases loaded. Freshman Josh Hansell had a 1-2-3 first inning in his debut.

Comment

Shox went to work early!

Hansell seems to be solid!

Comment

Oklahoma State is playing against Missouri State today. That's interesting because ORU played MSU already.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Clearly there are things at work that have a lot more to do with the bigger picture than the snapshot.

Go Shox!
                Bigger picture? I would say so.

I listened to Eric Wedge on his coaches show last night and he emphasized multiple times that players will be “tough” and do things the right way or they won’t be here anymore. I’m interpreting that to mean (besides being tough) that they will work hard, and be team oriented. He also did mention doing things “the major league way”. I’m paraphrasing and interpreting his comments so if anyone else listened and can add what they remember, comments are welcome.

Finally, he also said that he didn’t consider last year totally “real” and wasn’t interested in short term success, but wanted to build a Championship oriented program like Gene Stephenson. Wedge is obviously trying to build a long term culture.
                Last edited by Shockm; March 2, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

2-0 still after four. Hansell has been impressive.

Comment

Now we have great pitching and no bats. Amazing.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Boom!

Comment

Nice turn! On to the 9th
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Nice game by the Shox. Pitching was solid and offense did just enough. That was an absolute BOMB of a homer!

Comment

Alright a shut out.

Very nice debut by Josh Hansell. 5 innings, 1 hit, 7 K's, 2 BB. Solid work by Bechtel, Gifford and Foster in relief -- no runs, no hits, no walks, 3 K's, no hit by pitches, no wild pitches - faced 7 batters and recorded 8 outs. Foster Gifford game in and induced ORU to ground into an inning ending double play in the 8th in his only action.

Jace Kaminska OTOH was a bit of an adventure although he managed to get record 4 outs while facing 9 hitters without allowing a run. After giving up two singles to start the 7th he got a strike-out, a groundout to 1st unassisted, walked the next batter intentionally and got a strike out leaved the bases loaded. In the 8th he walked 2 of this first 3 batters sandwiched around a fly out to left. Was replaced by Gifford who threw 1 pitch that resulted in 4-6-3 inning ending double play and the shut out was preserved.

8 hits isn't terrible but not much produced with only 3 runs but it was enough today. Neither team committed an error.

At this point I'll take it.

Comment

A clean sheet is a clean sheet! ORU put up 9 against Alabama South and 11 against SWOMO in one match, so it's not like ORU can't hit either.

Comment

Working...
                              X