Shocker World Series rosters posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker World Series rosters posted

The first Shocker World Series public game is tomorrow at 1 p.m. at the Eck. The roster has been posted and contains both SWS rosters and a full team roster with 43 players listed.

Expected names missing from the 43-man roster are:

RHP Treshon Paschal
    RHP Casey Day

There were no new names that I saw.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Black team put up some crooked numbers late to win game 1. Notable: Wallace at 1B; Kocis at 3B (two errors). Not a great start to that experiment. Corrigan Barnett with a 3-run jack. Sigrist with three hits. Konnor Lewis, a frosh from KY, got the start for Yellow and looked good.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      Black team put up some crooked numbers late to win game 1. Notable: Wallace at 1B; Kocis at 3B (two errors). Not a great start to that experiment. Corrigan Barnett with a 3-run jack. Sigrist with three hits. Konnor Lewis, a frosh from KY, got the start for Yellow and looked good.
      Kocis was 3rd basemen on the yellow team while Wallace was 1st base on black. Cade Clemons was the 3rd base on black, with Wallace on 1st, Stewart at SS, and Sigrist was on 2nd on black. It appeared to me that the Black was the 1st team infield together. Clemons didn’t do much, striking out twice, nor did Kocis at 3rd on Yellow.

Comment

I was impressed by Jack Sigrest who had 2 or 3 hits. Cornblum looked good for yellow with a couple of hits, Seth Stroh for black had a couple of hits and Bartlett had a HR. Clemons struggled at the plate with a couple of Strike outs. Stewart looked good at SS in the field. Maybe another Hooper from Lawrence. Cadena was his typical consistent player and Noah Greise, looked good.

I would guess Gibson, Bartlett, Cornblum, and Stroh being the top competitors in the outfield. Maybe another one can creep in. Wallace at 1st, Siegrist at 2nd, and Cadena behind the plate. I'm sure there are others who are doing well in the World Series. The public is only invited to two of the intra-squad games. Maybe it was a bad day for Clemons but the times I saw him, he didn't have a good approach at the plate.

I'm surprised that Taylor Eldridge didn't or hasn't done a local sports story on the baseball intra-squad scrimmages. I'd like to know more about who is looking good from our own newspaper and what the coaches have to say.
        Last edited by Shockm; October 12, 2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Does anybody know if games 2-4 will be available to follow online? If not, that is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Top of the Shock View Post
            Does anybody know if games 2-4 will be available to follow online? If not, that is disappointing.
            Statbroadcast is being used for the games: https://www.statbroadcast.com/events...r.php?gid=wich

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Good hitting? Questionable pitching?

LJ McDonough is looking good in relief. 2 GP, 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K.

Comment

RoyalShock in the fall WS especially this year, we're going to see which pitchers are going to make the team and which aren't, more so than position players.

I was able to peek through the fences yesterday as well as watching most of the game on Saturday.

A few takeaways.

LJ has a very live arm. Long and lanky he brings it 92-94 but seems to get on top of you quick.
                Hasse has developed another pitch, which he needed. He's mid 90s to 96 and that slurve or whatever it's called is unhittable.
                Cam Bye is also a mid 90s guy that can change speeds and seems to throw a lot of strikes.
                Liam Eddy is professional. He'll be good. JK is a stud. Snavely is improved. Starting pitching is going to be very solid if we stay healthy and I think closers will be a strong suit as well.

Guys are playing all different kinds of positions so it's tough to tell who's going to be where. There's LOTS of competition for playing time.

Paxton Wallace appears healthy for the first time in about a year. Couper Cornblum continues to hit every mistake and we just have to find his best position. Kocis is more than serviceable at 1st and will crush mistakes. Can he hit for a high enough average is the question.

Cadena is the primary catcher, and handles the pitchers great but FR Noah Griese (pronounced Grice ) is plenty ready to play.

Corrigan Bartlett just looks like a gamer. I can't believe he won't play somewhere on a regular basis.

Seth Stroh is a newcomer that's going to battle and push for PT if he doesn't start from day 1. Talented and ready.

Hunter Gibson has been regularly clubbing the ball. Jack Sigrist is probably our best overall 2nd baseman. Alex Jackson, Blake Marsh, Derek Shaver, DVV, Cade Clemons and even Cooper Elliot are going to battle for spots. I know I'm leaving out newcomers, but I haven't seen enough except from Stroh and Bartlett to form any opinion. There are some good ones there though.

That right there is at least 14 position players that I'm comfortable rolling out any day.

I realize I'm a homer, and a few fans will be upset, but these guys are going to surprise the American. Nobody will have seen anyone for 2 freaking years. The teams that think this is a bottom feeder, regardless of the 13-2 record last spring, are going to be in for rude surprise. These guys play the right way, battle and just aren't going to lay down.

And if we can have Eddy, Kaminska, Hamilton and Snavely healthy all year, we're not only going to make the tournament, we may host.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    And if we can have Eddy, Kaminska, Hamilton and Snavely healthy all year, we're not only going to make the tournament, we may host.

But will there be fans?

I kid.

Pour me some of this stuff. You got me excited Doc. Homer or not.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        RoyalShock in the fall WS especially this year, we're going to see which pitchers are going to make the team and which aren't, more so than position players.

I was able to peek through the fences yesterday as well as watching most of the game on Saturday.

A few takeaways.

LJ has a very live arm. Long and lanky he brings it 92-94 but seems to get on top of you quick.
                        Hasse has developed another pitch, which he needed. He's mid 90s to 96 and that slurve or whatever it's called is unhittable.
                        Cam Bye is also a mid 90s guy that can change speeds and seems to throw a lot of strikes.
                        Liam Eddy is professional. He'll be good. JK is a stud. Snavely is improved. Starting pitching is going to be very solid if we stay healthy and I think closers will be a strong suit as well.

Guys are playing all different kinds of positions so it's tough to tell who's going to be where. There's LOTS of competition for playing time.

Paxton Wallace appears healthy for the first time in about a year. Couper Cornblum continues to hit every mistake and we just have to find his best position. Kocis is more than serviceable at 1st and will crush mistakes. Can he hit for a high enough average is the question.

Cadena is the primary catcher, and handles the pitchers great but FR Noah Griese (pronounced Grice ) is plenty ready to play.

Corrigan Bartlett just looks like a gamer. I can't believe he won't play somewhere on a regular basis.

Seth Stroh is a newcomer that's going to battle and push for PT if he doesn't start from day 1. Talented and ready.

Hunter Gibson has been regularly clubbing the ball. Jack Sigrist is probably our best overall 2nd baseman. Alex Jackson, Blake Marsh, Derek Shaver, DVV, Cade Clemons and even Cooper Elliot are going to battle for spots. I know I'm leaving out newcomers, but I haven't seen enough except from Stroh and Bartlett to form any opinion. There are some good ones there though.

That right there is at least 14 position players that I'm comfortable rolling out any day.

I realize I'm a homer, and a few fans will be upset, but these guys are going to surprise the American. Nobody will have seen anyone for 2 freaking years. The teams that think this is a bottom feeder, regardless of the 13-2 record last spring, are going to be in for rude surprise. These guys play the right way, battle and just aren't going to lay down.

This roster could be special this year. We have more talent than the past. The MLB draft in the past went 40 rounds. Last year the MLB draft went only 5 Rounds. This year, I believe that the lowest amount of rounds agreed upon (by players and owners) will be 20 rounds but it could be more.

In a regular round draft from the past (40 rounds), this team could have 8-9 players drafted. I'm going to predict that this years MLB draft (set for July of 2021) will be towards the 20 round area. But I would suspect that Eddy, Hamilton, and Snavely will all go in the Top 20 Rounds, and we may have a 4th draft eligible pitcher go that high or close to it too. We could also have a player or two go that high if they have a good year.

The caveat to this year is that all teams have more players who weren't drafted last year (in the 5 round draft) and maintained their 2020 ncaa eligible year so the competition will be greater this year and it will be interesting to see how many of our players are taken in the draft. By my count, we only have 4 Seniors who no longer have NCAA eligibility left after this year (Jackson, Snavely, Barnhouse, and Bartlett who was a grad transfer). IMO, Snavely will be drafted pretty high, and Bartlett may be drafted.

Where am I wrong Doc?

Any thoughts from anyone?

Comment

Yellow Team fighting back today and lead the Black Team 9-1 through 6 innings. Kaminska went 5.1 IP with 1ER on 6 hits; 4Ks and 1BB. Kocis (.571) and Mack (.375) each have 2-run bombs. For the black, Corrigan Bartlett (.615) continues to rake and has his team's only RBI, doubling off of Kaminska to plate Wallace (.533), who had singled, in the 6th.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                            Yellow Team fighting back today and lead the Black Team 9-1 through 6 innings. Kaminska went 5.1 IP with 1ER on 6 hits; 4Ks and 1BB. Kocis (.571) and Mack (.375) each have 2-run bombs. For the black, Corrigan Bartlett (.615) continues to rake and has his team's only RBI, doubling off of Kaminska to plate Wallace (.533), who had singled, in the 6th.
                            Thanks, Wuzee .

Comment

Jace was nails today, becoming pretty regular thing. Dude is just going to be tough. Preston had a rough outing but the ump was really squeezing him. The Kocis HR was just hit a ton. He seems to have shortened up his swing and just hits everything a ton. He had a fly out to deep center later in the day that seemed to be in the air for 30 seconds.

AJ made a HECK of running diving catch in the left center gap, Russian judge even gave it a 9.8

Comment

Working...
                              X