X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Hang the banner.
    ColtsBanner.jpg
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Well the College World Series has already been cancelled so...
      I get it, but when this all blows over, I can't image HCEW just saying "Enjoy your summer, see you next Fall". Don't you think they will practice and maybe have some scrimmages against other teams that also have nothing else to do?

I have seen some discussion on the Basketball pages about what to do about Seniors? I don't think you can grant an additional year to Winter sports but what about Spring sports? Does everyone just waste a year of eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

I get it, but when this all blows over, I can't image HCEW just saying "Enjoy your summer, see you next Fall". Don't you think they will practice and maybe have some scrimmages against other teams that also have nothing else to do?
        If students are back at school, or even if not, in 2-5 weeks, I can't see him not wanting them to play and improve until mid May. If classes are on computer, then his players will need a computer, but regardless, I can't see him thinking that his players should not play baseball.

Comment

When Gene was still our coach, wasn't there talk about trying to get the start of the season moved back a couple of months because of the advantage the warm weather teams had? Well, move the start to April with the College World Series being played in July or whenever.

Comment

Makes sense to me but the NCAA has already canceled the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

I have seen some discussion on the Basketball pages about what to do about Seniors? I don't think you can grant an additional year to Winter sports but what about Spring sports? Does everyone just waste a year of eligibility?
              I know the KCAC has cancelled practices as well as the season. Hadnt seen anything myself at the other levels. Using that as an example, They could practice and play but "unofficially" and with out coaches or sanction.

Regarding eligibility - I seen this but havent had a chance to give it a thorough read https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...l-not-covered/

Comment

I looked up a couple of KCAC schools and both had extended spring breaks beginning next week. One was not coming back until April 5 and was going to have online classes until then. The other had only a week extension and said nothing about online classes. I would imagine that both of the schools plans are fluid but neither would accommodate for a KCAC schedule or spring break baseball. I would imagine that all KCAC schools are more concerned about how to academically accommodate their students and could care less about KCAC baseball. We will see how this is handled at all schools.

Comment

Working...
                X