• Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs Arkansas Pine Bluff/K-State - Feb 25,26

Feb 25 (Tue) 1 p.m.
    COX YurView Kansas
    97.5 FM/1240 AM vs Arkansas - Pine Bluff
    WatchESPN: https://www.espn.com/watch?id=2d3c0d...1-f375ec10c408

Feb 26 (Wed) 3 p.m. COX YurView Kansas 97.5 FM/1240 AM vs Kansas State

When will we know if these games are a go/no-go?
    Last edited by Kung Wu; February 25, 2020, 12:56 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Nothing is official but I don’t see any way they play tomorrow and likely Wednesday.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Nothing is official but I don’t see any way they play tomorrow and likely Wednesday.
      Why not?

Comment

Yeesh, I didn't realize we were supposed to have rain all morning tomorrow.

Comment

Ah, I'm only seeing that on some of the weather sites I track. Perhaps that is why ShockerFever is thinking the games won't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Why not?
            Do they normally play in games with temps in the low to mid 30s with strong north winds?

I swear that they’ve canceled games before due to cold and frankly that sounds downright miserable.

Youd think they’d want some people to attend the K State game but again this is all just speculation. I guess if wetness is the only issue, then they could probably do it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The weather never stopped me from playing a game that I love...

"Ratfarts!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Do they normally play in games with temps in the low to mid 30s with strong north winds?

I swear that they’ve canceled games before due to cold and frankly that sounds downright miserable.

Youd think they’d want some people to attend the K State game but again this is all just speculation. I guess if wetness is the only issue, then they could probably do it.
                Wedge talked on his radio show about wanting to get games in, and that they would practice outside in the cold so that it should be an advantage to play games in the cold (novel effing concept). Perhaps practicing outside will also mean we can read a Kansas wind and catch a fly ball as well.

I do agree that if it was below 60, there was a cloud in the sky, or the opponent might might miss their 9pm bedtime we were likely to see games moved or canceled the last few years. Luckily, we now have a coach interested in WSU winning games instead of making friends.

Wedge did specifically mention that it wasn't the 80s anymore and he knew there were guidelines in place now that would prevent some games being played regardless of whether he wanted to play them or not.

I'm guessing they'll give both a shot. I suspect if it ain't raining at game time, we'll see games. But, my speculation is also just that.

Comment

Based on what I am seeing the Arkansas-Pine Bluff game will not be played and not much to gain there anyway IMHO.

They K-State game on Wednesday looks much more likely. 37 to 38 degrees with sun although the NNW winds at 15 mph will make it quite chilly especially in the shade. My guess is they may give that on a go. I would probably move the start time up to 2:00 pm if KSU can make it. But we'll see.

Comment

I've sat on cold metal at Eck Stadium watching the Shocks while snow flurries were blowing around -- but admittedly, that was in the '80s when they played 60, 70, or even 80 games in a season; and I was also much younger and more tolerant of such conditions back then.

Comment

When Gene was the coach the answer was most certainly yes. When Butler was coach not as likely.

Comment

I believe there is a conference rule restricting play when the wind chill gets below a certain point, but it doesn’t apply to the non con. My understanding is they are all in to play today.

Comment

I believe today's game is 'televised' on ESPN App, Cox22, and Yurview.

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Looks like we're good to go... go Shocks!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X