No announcement yet.

Baseball: Wichita State vs Texas Southern - Feb 21-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David VanVooren pinch runs for Garrett and easily steals 2nd base.

Some TSU charity makes it 7-2.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 22, 2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Pretty weak at bat by Jackson

Comment

A little surprised they would go to Foster Gifford with a 5-run lead. Thought they might let Connery finish up. Especially with another game to follow.

Comment

Well we're kickin' ass. The other team may not be good, but at least we know we CAN kick ass. That's sumptin'!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Man Shane was reviewing some AAC games ... apparently AAC is no joke? The AAC has some solid wins over top 25 teams.

Comment

Nice game overall

Comment

The Shocks only had 6 hits today with 5 of those by freshman. Cornblum a triple, Clemons with a homerun and a single, Shaver with a single and a double.

Shocker pitching solid again. The only question is how will it hold up against better competition.

Jackson (.167), Cadena (.182), Kocis (.190) and Katzfey (.050) all hitting below the Mendoza line and these are our more experienced players.

Comment

So, one thing Shane mentioned earlier was that both DH games would be 9 innings, as if there was a possible alternative. What would the alternative be if both DH games weren't 9 innings? Who decides that? The coaches just mutually agree to whatever alternative there is other than 9 innings?

Comment

The alternative would be 7 innings I believe. Why? No clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      So, one thing Shane mentioned earlier was that both DH games would be 9 innings, as if there was a possible alternative. What would the alternative be if both DH games weren't 9 innings? Who decides that? The coaches just mutually agree to whatever alternative there is other than 9 innings?
                      Sometimes they will play a 9 and a 7. Or maybe even two sevens. I think typically the coaches would agree to that and it is not too common. Sometimes travel issues can come into play but that should not be an issue this weekend. If it was a league game I imagine it would require league approval.

Most games are official if they play 5 innings (or 4.5) with the home team leading. That is usually a rain out or weather out issue. Athough I think they can agree to continue such a game the next day if they agree to that. Again league games and post-season play might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Nice game overall
                        Defense wasn't as good as it has been. Shocks charges officially with 2 errors but I really thought they made 4 errors. I would have scored the double play ball mishandled by Sigrist in the 4th an error but it was ruled a hit. I would have to see the play again where Alex Jackson air mailed his throw into right field. They apparently ruled that the runner would have beat the throw anyway or ruled that you can't assume the force out at 2nd. If it was the former than it was a mental error and he should have gone to 1st for the out.

Comment

I wonder if the will give Ross Cadena a rest in game 2 and use him in the DH role.

Comment

Is our backup catcher a returner?

Comment

Did Snavely really get lucky on that behind the back catch?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Is our backup catcher a returner?
                                Josh Killeen is a returning player but I think he redshirted. Chris Deihl is a senior transfer who's been out with an injury but I believe is available. Cooper Elliot has been doing some work behind the plate although he was recruited as an infielder. His father was a catcher at WSU. Cooper has been battling a rib injury but I'm told he's available. So we have options, although none with experience at WSU.

I think there is a little consternation with regards to catchers other than Cadena being able to call their own game. Disappointed we aren't seeing Josh this afternoon. Cadena is going to need some time off, he will wear down at some point.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; February 22, 2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X