Baseball: Wichita State vs Texas Southern - Feb 21-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yes and they've changed to a DH starting at 1pm tomorrow. Both 9 innings tomorrow.
    Sweet!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Still a little confused. Can someone give me a +/- 50 ballpark of where Texas Southern is likely to end up out of 300 teams?

Comment

Go Shox!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Boom! 1-0!

Comment

After 2 innings Shocks a head 1-0; Hamilton pitching well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Still a little confused. Can someone give me a +/- 50 ballpark of where Texas Southern is likely to end up out of 300 teams?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Walks and hit batters. Not much has changed on that front.

Also, getting picked off to end innings is less than ideal.

Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well I missed the last few innings because of parent teacher conferences where I learned that my dog is smarter than my kid. Buuuut, Shox are winning so it's all good!

Comment

Stuempfig getting it done!!

Comment

Stuempfig didn't seem to fool any of the 3 hitters he faced in the 8th. The 9th may tell us who HCEW and PCMP may be thinking about in the closer role.

Comment

That insurance run in the 8 might be enough to let Stuempfig go out and try to close it out in the 9th.

Nope. Bringing on Foster Gifford in the 9th.

Comment

How many pitches will a good relief pitcher typically last?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            How many pitches will a good relief pitcher typically last?
                            Depends on his role and how often the coaches may want to use him in a series. A 3 inning relief stint is good outing but if the starter gets knocked out early you might like someone out of the bullpen to come and give you 4 or 5 innings.

Stumpfig threw 38 pitches so probably won't see him tomorrow although he might be able to squeeze in a couple of more innings in if really needed.

Foster Gifford certainly would be available for a late inning appearance in one of the two games tomorrow, but probably not both.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Nice win Shox!! HCEW gets a W for his first home game! Love it!

Comment

Looks like Foster Gifford has the inside track on the closer role for now. Two good 9th inning outings in 4 games. Had a little bitty hiccup today with the 2 out walk but doesn't sound like he missed by much in that walk, So far pretty solid work by Foster in the closer role.

Comment

Working...
                                X