• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Jaden is a local kid from Maize. Does anyone know about him and his skills? Is this a meaningful, top notch commitment for our team, or a local Kid and/or family with ties to Wichita State, but may not be a Division 1 player?

Either way, I wish him well, and hope his opportunity pans out for both him, and the Shox.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Jaden is a local kid from Maize. Does anyone know about him and his skills? Is this a meaningful, top notch commitment for our team, or a local Kid and/or family with ties to Wichita State, but may not be a Division 1 player?

Either way, I wish him well, and hope his opportunity pans out for both him, and the Shox.
            With the lack of any responses that know about this local kid, I’d imagine that it’s safe to say that Jaden isn’t a local phenom. I’m sure he’s a great kid though.

Comment

With the lack of any responses that know about this local kid, I’d imagine that it’s safe to say that Jaden isn’t a local phenom. I’m sure he’s a great kid though.
              I’ve seen him play basketball and he was a good athlete on a great team.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’ve seen him play basketball and he was a good athlete on a great team.
                Maybe he has potential. But what position(s) does he play? Can he hit? I can find nothing on the internet regarding him playing baseball.

Comment

Maybe he has potential. But what position(s) does he play? Can he hit? I can find nothing on the internet regarding him playing baseball.
                  Check out Jaden Gustafson's high school sports stats, including updates while playing baseball and basketball at Maize High School (KS).

Comment

The only thing I need t know about the young man is he is going to be a Shocker at this point and he is one of US. I will root for each and every one no matter how high he or she is rated/ranked. Go Shocks
                    Last edited by pogo; August 23, 2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      The only thing I need t know about the young man is he is going to be a Shocker at this point and he is one of US. I will root for each and every one no matter how high he or she is ratedranked. Go Shocks
                      LOVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        The only thing I need t know about the young man is he is going to be a Shocker at this point and he is one of US. I will root for each and every one no matter how high he or she is rated/ranked. Go Shocks
                        Not worth asking, huh? I have strong memories of strong local baseball kids and programs for many years. Almost all of our powerful teams had great local players on them fro Jim Thomas to Todd and Darren Dreifort. Too many great players to mention. Teams from Valley Center to Heights, to Southeast to Maize to Goddard.

The last great group group of local kids never played for the Shox. Players in that group were a Big Leaguer like Derrick Norris, Garrett Gould, and the infielder from Goddard (I forget his name) among others. They were all good enough to sign minor league contracts. It seems like baseball programs in Wichita has gone down. No one on here knows anything about this kid. I hope he comes in and burns it up, and makes the team, but I hope our city will produce top notch baseball players in the future. We don’t seem to be doing that very often anymore.

i will root for him too but that doesn’t change my concern for local baseball.

Comment

I agree with your premise on the seeming decline in local talent in baseball but that same decline has been seen in local basketball as well. I wondered about this as well.

Comment

Got a verbal from Jeremy Bingesser, a 6-3 200 RHP from Bowlus MN. Originally committed to East Carolina.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/p...ser-8065921374

Ranked the seventh best prospect in Minnesota, and the second best right-hander in the state, per Perfect Game. Throws right-handed.

Last edited by Wuzee; August 31, 2021, 01:34 PM.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Shockers land another Texas kid -- and he's a switch-pticher. Or there's a typo! Not really sure!

Aidan Sharp 6-7 235lb LHP/RHP?/1B from Colleyville Texas. PG8

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=440797

Last edited by Wuzee; September 1, 2021, 09:42 AM.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                                Shockers land another Texas kid -- and he's a switch-pticher. Or there's a typo! Not really sure!

Aidan Sharp 6-7 235lb LHP/RHP?/1B from Colleyville Texas. PG8

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=440797

Outstanding! Big ol boy too. Ranked an 8 by PG, which translates to:
                                8 Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect

Comment

Working...
                                X