No announcement yet.

2019-20 Fall Ball and Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI HCEW is not expecting 3-400 fans, or even 1500. He expects to see 2 to 3 times that from ShockerNation.

I hope many of you are making plans to attend. $5 tickets ok for everyone?

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning to attend. But honestly, I think the $5 tickets for an offseason scrimmage is not that great of a deal or idea. This sort of thing has Kansas Food Bank drive written all over it.

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. It’s a freaking scrimmage, not an actual game. It seems odd to me to be charging regular priced admission (basically) for this. Donate $ to a good cause like in the past.

Look, I’m excited for EW and this new era of Shocker baseball. But this come across as another athletic department money grab.

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with the other comments, but I was pretty critical of the hire of fHCTB and how long he was retained. I thought they should have stayed within the WSU coaching family. Now that the issue has been fixed, I kind of feel it is "put up" or "shut up" time for the fans. FWIW, I think giving season ticket holders free admission is a nice touch and I think most of us that watched games in the 80's and 90's should be willing to fork out the $5 to support HCEW. Money grab or not, let's get out there and welcome Eric and Loren home!!!

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    FYI HCEW is not expecting 3-400 fans, or even 1500. He expects to see 2 to 3 times that from ShockerNation.

I hope many of you are making plans to attend. $5 tickets ok for everyone?
    Works for me. Hopefully, we have a great weather day.. 2:00 pm on September 21st. Sounds like the perfect date.

Comment

It’s $5 fricking dollars! Get over it. Jeez!

Comment

• MikeKennedyRulZ
        MikeKennedyRulZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Fev, since I live in San Diego, it's pretty hard. I do support the athletic department as a whole though so there is that.

Btw, I like you too brotha.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        1500 mile Bromance engage.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
        MikeKennedyRulZ commented
        Editing a comment
        U mad bro?

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Decided to take my daughter to her first baseball game tomorrow. She's three and it's time. She said she wants to wear her Shocker hat backwards and take her glove.

I think we're both pretty excited!

:wsu_posters:
      Can you post a picture of your daughter wearing her Shocker hat backwards and ready to field a ground ball at the game?

Comment

Does playing these fall games eliminate the World Series? If not then those are the freebie / food bank games to attend. I’m not saying I completely disagree with those that think the game should be free, but there are expenses to roll out everything for these games (security, janitorial etc) and if history is any indication, Nebraska will bring 300-500 fans. So if season ticket holders and students get in for no extra charge, it doesn't seem to me to be out of line to collect from a few hundred Nebraska fans and some tire kickers on the WSU side.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; August 27, 2019, 11:04 AM. Reason: 2nd half of original message didn't show up.

Comment

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t you think they’ll more than cover the expenses with the $8 hot dogs and $10 nachos?

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe they charge either $8 for a hot dog nor $10 for nachos, but that's not my point. I know at one time, several years ago, the ICAA got between 25-50% of the concession gross. So if they do $2000 in concessions, they might receive $500-$1000 in kickback. And no, $1000 will not cover their expenses for a single game with utilities, security, umpires, kickback to Nebraska (if there is any), other staff and supplies.

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          FWIW I was able to confirm that the fall world series will still take place however I think the screamage which has been a popular event for the last few years will be shelved.

I'll be there. $5 is a minor expense although who knows later on. I want to see the new era we are entering.

Comment

Heres a simple solution to the $5 charge.

You can go if you like
          You dont have to go if you dont like

Just please shut the **** up already being high and mighty as to why you made your choice. Losers

Comment

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s been like 5 posts on the subject on a message board in an otherwise less-than-active forum.

If you wanna just stare at a blank black screen, go visit another website. Or turn your tv off and stare at it.

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            One dollar per win, dizzle?

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            I will give you $5 to keep this thread going! I am with Fev. I am just glad to see people posting and talking about Shocker baseball. I can't tell you how depressing last year was to sometimes not even have a thread for every game. There were times we only two or three posts for a weekend series!

PTSD? BPD?
          Maybe just hangry?
          • Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias.
          • Depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders.
          • Eating disorders.
          • Personality disorders.
          • Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia.
          Could just be an over reaction to reading with failing eye sight too?

Comment

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            My kids say I suffer from STFUD. I take things right up to the edge and should stop there but I can't help myself and provide one last inappropriate comment.

Remember that they will be the ones to determine which care facility you will reside in later.

Comment

Back on topic, I plan on attending with my brother who has just moved back from SoCal and surprisingly told me baseball is one of the few sports events he enjoys. Excited is an appropriate word for me this fall and spring. Go Shox

Comment

Comment

My tickets for the game came in the mail yesterday. :cowbell:

Comment

• Cdizzle commented
                    • 3 weeks ago
                      With it being an away game, I would think it mostly would not have an impact. Although, I still have a hard time remembering that volleyball is no longer on the radio for some reason. Listening to a volleyball match while taking in Wedge's first scrimmage sounds like a fine afternoon.
                  The Nebraksa volleyball match has been scheduled for 3:00 pm with the baseball game at 2:00 pm. I assume one could listen to the volleyball game via the internet stream with their cell phone or you could follow with the live stats which is probably what I will do. It does indeed sound like a fine afternoon to do some multi-tasking.
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; September 11, 2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Article about Pelfrey. I think it had been reported that Hamilton may have tweaked something this summer and was shut down for Fall Ball. That is still the case, but sounds like he is starting throwing again today, so I will take that as a very good sign for the spring.

"When it's rolling, hopefully, the pitcher doesn't have to do much thinking. The catcher can put something down, there's total trust, and he throws the pitch."

On junior transfer Jake Hamilton, one of the top pitching newcomers

He will be 89-93 (mph) with a really, really high spin rate on his fastball. He has a really, really good changeup. He begins throwing (Monday), building up. Fans won't get a chance to see him in the fall, but he'll be throwing bullpens by the end and we'll get him ready by the spring."

Comment

Unfortunately, weather is kind of looking a little suspect for Saturday with possible severe weather and T-storms after 1pm.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Almost a month of consistent hot sunny days, and we get Humberto or whatever it is the one day we're going to play. SMH

Maybe we can move up the time, or just get lucky.
                    Working...
                    X