No announcement yet.

2019/2020 Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be paying attention tomorrow, that’s fo sho.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever, Nostradamus, whatever.

Any particular time or just all day

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay if he can announce the time, that puts him in prophet territory.

"Pelfrey will be the lone holdover from Todd Butler’s staff, as a university spokesperson confirmed to The Eagle that assistant Sammy Esposito and director of operations Scott Gurss will not return."

Comment

The next guy almost has to be someone with a great recruiting network, but maybe not. Kemnitz has a great recruiting network. He's not on the staff, but he can make more contacts and introductions than any coach Wedge can hire.

I'm not going to predict Standiford is the next hire, but I bet he's on the short list.

I will predict that if the coaching staff was Wedge, Pelfrey, and Standiford, that 2,000+ season tickets would be sold.

Just Wedge and Pelfrey is enough to convince some guys to go the college route instead of going pro out of HS.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You heard it here first:

Tommy LaSorda as DOBO
        Bruce Bochy as assistant
        Mark Mgwire as volunteer assistant

I've heard this from a VERY good source.

Comment

Would not want at least two of those three

Comment

Boom

Comment

Hibbs!!!!!!!! Wow, what a pull!

Comment

Cannot quantify how good this hire is right now. Perfect doesn’t even work.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Words escape me.

• B&Gpassion
                  B&Gpassion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Speechless, better than I could have hoped for. Any (misguided) concerns about HCEW’s recruiting experience just left the building at light speed. My goodness.

Good hire imo. Can certainly navigate the obvious and nuanced differences between pro ball and college ball,
                Nice to see LH return
                Loren Hibbs, who has been with the Charlotte 49ers for 27 years, has retired from his position as head baseball coach, Director of Athletics Mike Hill announced on Friday. Hibbs will move back to his alma mater, Wichita State, as Assistant A.D. for Baseball Operations and Player Development. He will rejoin one of his former players and former major leaguer Eric Wedge, who was recently named head coach of the Shockers.

Comment

Holy god. What a pull!
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Does it?
                    You sneaky devil you.

Comment

Here is an interview by Wellington media (Hibbs' hometown) with LH from last year after his induction into the Kansas Baseball HOF. Good read.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

http://goshockers.com/news/2019/6/14...er-development.aspx

Shocker baseball just got a WHOLE LOT BETTER. I mean a lot.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Makes you really wonder about #1 assistant now, doesn't it?
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                          X