No announcement yet.

2019/2020 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the baseball program is in good hands with Wedge and Hibbs. They know what they are doing and how to get us there. While I'm not saying they will be perfect, they are taking on a team who has been at the bottom of the AAC for the past 3 years and middle of the Valley the year before that. This is a daunting task and a big losing hole to dig out of, but I still have faith in Wedge and Hibbs. They may need some time. While you are welcome to second guess, I won't listen.

Comment

Are Shocker baseball games streamed? I would like to watch games but can’t find any information. Any links or info would be great. Thx

Comment

Was trying to work on putting together a starting lineup in the field and while looking at the roster, it seemed to be short. Counted up, only 32. Someone is missing I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Was trying to work on putting together a starting lineup in the field and while looking at the roster, it seemed to be short. Counted up, only 32. Someone is missing I'm afraid.
          Another pitcher gone?

Comment

This roster only has 13 (non-catcher) position players with the rest made up of pitchers that I can see. There are a few players that have experience in both the OF and INF which affords HCEW the added flexibility to carry more pitching. A veteran player like Jackson along with freshmen Cornblum and Clemons are good athletes who can do well at a number of positions. I expect to see multiple lineups this year as he incorporates the veterans with the young guys like Roccaforte and Shaver too. I actually like the roster structure right now, because if pitching is the key to success, then we need to have plenty of arms. Anxious to see what the season will bring.

Comment

Marley is listed as both a pitcher and outfielder, ostensibly for the shortage reasons. Any injuries to fielders, especially outfielders, are going to be tough to cover.

I have a feeling there are going to be a couple baptism by fire situations before it's all over.

Comment

True. They'll take some lumps this year playing younger guys regularly, but the growing pains will be worth it IMO. Wedge had a very tall order to fix the mess left by Butler, so he had to make some tough, maybe unpopular cuts. Some players saw the writing on the wall or felt they had better opportunities elsewhere and left on their own. Personally, there isn't a better opportunity in the country to work your way into a D1 lineup and get major league coaching to boot. It's wide open for those guys who buy in and want to compete and win a position anywhere on the field. One thing is for sure, Wedge will definitely not over recruit like his predecessor with players on top of players because thinning the herd had to have been painful for the coaches in addition to the affected players. I believe that there will be bright days ahead so hopefully fans give this a chance. It all starts 2/14.

Comment

I think RHP Brandon Troxler is the one who dropped off the roster.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Marley is listed as both a pitcher and outfielder, ostensibly for the shortage reasons. Any injuries to fielders, especially outfielders, are going to be tough to cover.

I have a feeling there are going to be a couple baptism by fire situations before it's all over.
                    I think baptism by fire has been going on for about 6 months now.

Comment

Now that Wedge is on board, injuries are not allowed, so we're fine.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

You're right Wuzee Brandon Troxler is no longer on the roster. We certainly wish him the best no matter the circumstances.

Sadly, injuries will happen. Clearly some would hurt more than others. I wouldn't want Cadena, Kocis, Wallace or VanVooren lost for any length of time. Also wouldn't want Hamilton, Eddy and Snavely lost for more than 1 start. Any of those players would really hurt.

Comment

Looks like infielder Austin Rocafort is off the roster now. Just saw him giving autographs.

Comment

Not sure where it'll end up or what it all means, but I'd rather play this season with 26 than hamstring the program for the next 3 years by not starting off on the right foot.

Comment

While the Shocks did have a full roster last year only 31 players saw action. One, Carson Cox, was an outfielder who played in 4 games and had 1 at bat. 3 pitchers, Tristan McCraw, Preston Minor and Adam Stephenson combined to pitch a total of 13.2 innings on the season. So I don't see this as a big problem at this point in time. Now whether or not we have the right 31 players remains to be seen.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 11, 2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadshocker View Post
                                Looks like infielder Austin Rocafort is off the roster now. Just saw him giving autographs.
                                That one sucks. We're still well-stocked with middle infielders behind Wallace and Sigrist (Cornblum, Elliot, Jackson, Clemons, with Jalon Mack, Seth Stroh and juco Andrew Stewart coming in next season), but he was one of the more promising guys in fall ball. Granted, that's based on five games and without seeing any practices or scrimmages, so you never know.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X