No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom 7th Infield single, sac bunt, and McGinness out after 105 pitches. Segal in. Nice fielding play by Segal on a high bouncer for 2nd out. Then intentional walk to the leadoff hitter. Throw out to first on a K in the dirt ends inning.
    Last edited by Aargh; May 21, 2019, 02:51 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Segal in now after a single and a sac bunt. It's about to get real up in here.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

ECU's pitcher bringing heat at 92 and 93. Wallace with a leadoff double - top 8. Slavens pops out to pitcher in foul territory. ECU changing pitchers.

Cadena single to center scores Wallace pretty easily.

Shox up 2-1 to bottom of the 8th.
        Last edited by Aargh; May 21, 2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

ECU is gonna go two and que in their regional. This is terrible.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

VanVooren with a leadoff bunt single in top 9th. Boyer sac bunt moves VanVooren to second. Ritter intentionally walked.

Comment

Leadoff bunt single for VanVooren to lead off the 9th. To the top of the order.

Comment

Sac bunt to move VanVooren to 2nd. IBB puts Ritter at 1st.

Comment

O'Brien just beats out the double-play. 1st and 3rd, 2 out.

Comment

RBI single for Wallace. 3-1.

Comment

Grounder to 1st moves VanVooren to 3rd. wallace single to right makes it 3-1. ECU is using their 3rd baseman to pitch this inning.

Comment

F it, I'm going to let my guard down if only momentarily. It feels good to compete again at the top level and here in this brief moment I am going to enjoy it. We can go back to hating Butler tomorrow as this would easily be his best win as a head coach. I am so out of touch after a decade of misery though I don't even know if we have a closer capable of coming in to shut this down, do we?

Comment

3-run homer to right by Slavens!!! 6-1.

Comment

The third baseman, who was heaving them up there at 71 mph wasn't terribly effective.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                              RoyalShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              He had decent pitching numbers coming in. 18.2 IP, 2 ER, 0.96 ERA, 15 K, 2 BB.

Probably covered somewhere else earlier, but why no WSU radio broadcast?

Comment

• RoyalShock
                              RoyalShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Weather caused Mike Kennedy's flights to be cancelled.

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Probably covered somewhere else earlier, but why no WSU radio broadcast?
                            This has probably been covered as well, but why is this being played in a random Florida stadium instead of on campus somewhere? Looks like the park is empty?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's basically a home park for USF. Even tournaments on campus sites don't draw much except when the home team is playing.
                          Working...
                          X