Shockers v. Bulls: Last Tango in Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers v. Bulls: Last Tango in Tampa

Postseason starts now. Win two or die. WSU's road win over #219 ORU inexplicably bumped us up 7 spots in the RPI to #98, which was the fifth largest jump in the Top 120. South Florida is #99 after rising three spots. TOP 100 MATCHUP, BAY-BEEE! :upset:

USF is 19-10 at home. Shox are 6-14 on the road. Ambivalence reigns.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Shocks seem to be pitching better for the most part lately which bodes well. OTOH, with the exception of a game here and there they haven't been scoring a lot lately.

USF is probably the best AAC opponent the Shocks could hope for in a do or done series.

Could go either way I suppose. May boil down to which team wants to keep playing the most.

Comment

Knowing the Butler era needs to end, and being a USF alum (Master's degree), do I have the blessing of ShockerNet to wear my USF hat through Saturday?
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, as long as that is the last time you ever wear it. :)

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Knowing the Butler era needs to end, and being a USF alum (Master's degree), do I have the blessing of ShockerNet to wear my USF hat through Saturday?
      Absofreakinglutely.

Although, it’s rather humorous to think of WSU squeezing into the 8 seed as enough to keep Butler another year. But with this AD in charge, that would be enough justification for everything.

So by all means, leave no doubt. So for the greater good of WSU baseball, GO BULLS!!!!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wallace grand slam highlights a 5-run 5th as the Shocks take a 6-1 lead. USF gets one back but leaves the bases loaded in their half. 6-2 headed to the 6th
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Shockers survive to win 7-6. One more win extends the season by a few more days.
          78-65

Comment

I followed the game until Paxton's grand slam put the Shocks up 6-1 then had to my attention elsewhere. Just now checking in on the score. Final score a bit tighter than I was expecting but it counts just the same as a blowout.

Comment

Bulls survive 2-0 to even the series and set up the YUGE royal rumble grudge match tomorrow.

Has WSU ever won a “clutch” game under Butler?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocks get good pitching, but only manage 2 hits in 2-0 loss. Do or die tomorrow.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

USF's Collin Sullivan throws a complete game, 2 hit shutout at the Shocks leading the Bull's to a 2-0 win and set up a final do or done game tomorrow.

Comment

The good news for tomorrow's winner is they make the AAC Tournament. The not so good news is I believe they will be the 8 seed thanks to Memphis playing one less game as one of their games vs Tulane was rained out and not made up. ECU awaits.

The winner of the WSU-USF game will be 9-15. If Memphis loses to ECU in their finale they will be 9-14.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 18, 2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Dear God- make it end today.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

RBI single by Luke followed by a bomb from Mason.

TIE GAME!
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                          Dear God- make it end today.
                          It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for Boatright to make a statement or if he tries to ignore the elephant in the room like a strong athletic director is supposed to do.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for Boatright to make a statement or if he tries to ignore the elephant in the room like a strong athletic director is supposed to do.
                            Waiting shows poor leadership and weakness, IMO. The program can't take any more neglect.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                            X