Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    You comin' with WsU? Plenty of room in muh wagon.

T

...:cool:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Hell, I want C0|dB|00ded to secretly video record it.

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    You better gas up the wagon...

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    I didn't really have the time/patience/desire to read every post in this 3 page thread but... if Butler isn't gone by next week CB is headin' up to the ol' Shocker offices and having a sit down with the amateur-in-chief.

T

...:cool:

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    commented on 's reply
    Yes that is a crazy off the wall idea. But its 100x better than hiring a failure from low D1 to a 20 year contract!

• shockerfanmas
    commented on 's reply
    Fever, serious question. It's not going to happen, I know this and you know this, but what about a guy like Bill Pintard. His success with the Santa Barbara Foresters has been amazing. He seems to know how to get the best of his players. A good example is Luke Ritter. Not the best at WSU, but when he has gone to Santa Barbara for the summer, he tears it up. At least I'm pretty sure he has the last couple summers. And, Pintard seems to love Wichita. Again, it's a completely off the wall thought

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    I’m thinking cousin Eddie at this point...

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
    Who do you guys think would be your top target to replace him?
    Boatramp or Butler?

I think most have ideas to keep it within the WSU family. Kevin Hooper is a former WSU player and former manager of an independent team here that did incredibly well. He’s currently working on the Padres organization as an infield coach. He was whiffed on last time because he hasn’t coached college. I think his charisma and fire would do well in college. There’s a few others, more former players that are mentioned a lot. 40 former Stephenson players ponied up to bring another addition to our baseball facilities. You would think we would be going into the family tree.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    We used to make fun of SIU and Missouri State for being too cheap and cash-strapped to get rid of their basketball coaches, and to think we would be in the same situation as those mid-majors says we aren’t as major as we like to think we are. I don’t care about that dumbass Sexton giving him a dumbass contract, you bite the bullet now to help save the baseball program. Cash-strapped? Well, having 58 people attending baseball games for the last 4 years probably hasn’t helped. You want to continue that trend?.. then you “save” yourself a few bucks and keep Butler another year and endure another season of little league attendance, a huge hit on recruiting, and digging the hole deeper to get out of. It would be the biggest blunder in WSU sports history to keep this guy another year. I’m extremely alarmed that the rumored threshold to keep Butler was finishing 8th place in a 9-team conference to make the postseason tournament. Is that really a precedent Boatramp wants to set for WSU baseball going forward? I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? What does this guy actually do for the university, other than sit on Twitter and chastise people who make fun of the asinine decisions that he makes?

Low-major in-game production for basketball
    Mid-major handing of the baseball program
    Boatramp is developing quite a resume here. He better make the correct decision and put on his big boy pants for once instead of hiding behind his boy Butler and helping him tie his shoes.

Leave a comment:

• UCONN_Husky
    replied
    Who do you guys think would be your top target to replace him?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    So if these rumors are true that HCTB will be allowed to finish the final year of his contract (apparently without being extended) what are we to make of that?

The easy explanation is that ADDB is an idiot and needs to go. Maybe that's true but it rings of an emotional reaction similar to the anti-Trump fervor from the left.

My concern is that if they let him finish without extending him that may be a sign that the financial situation for the athletic department is not very good.

OTOH some argue that keeping HCTB is more costly than getting rid of him. Whether or that is true over the next year is hard to say. Longer term that is probably true.

Now if they keep him and extend him they are sending a much different message.

At this point I am taking these rumors with a very large grain of salt but I don't totally discount them.

Keeping and extending seems to me to be a be a bet the program move and not one that is supported by real world results and performance.

If they keep him and don't extend him I guess that things can't get a whole lot worse than they are now but I have to admit such a decision would not make much sense to me.

If they do terminate HCTB we should know that pretty quickly. If not there is a good chance we won't hear anything.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfanmas
    replied
    How pathetic is it to be celebrating an 8 seed in our conference tournament, only because the Shox took 2 of 3 in the last weekend?

This baseball team has fallen so far into the gutter that I'm not sure the damage can ever be undone. While there are a lot of people we can blame for that, I think the big 3 have to be Sexton, Boatright, and Butler himself.

I mean...I know high school coaches, even youth coaches that can coach circles around Butler. I would just like to know who he is sucking off in the athletic office to have kept his job this long, or to have even been hired in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerman
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I heard the threshhold was WSU had to make the AAC tournament.
    Heard the same...made me sick. We will now have a lame duck coach all next season.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker85
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing about extension. The simple truth is he has that one year left on his aberation of a contract. "Do the right thing" must happen now.

• Veritas
    replied
    There is no way he deserves an extension. He might stay one more year due to monetary belt tightening, and that in itself would be a damn shame.
    Performance is flat ( and underachieving ), attendance is down, fans want him out (except for his koolaid drinking pals)
    All those former players donating all that money for phase V will slap the Boat all the way back to the Gene era if Butler is granted an extension.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X