Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    We fired a HOF coach - one of the most well-known in the history of college baseball - a couple of weeks after an NCAA appearance. Five and six years removed from two Super Regional appearances.

Surely we’re not keeping this guy after winning a couple games in the conference tournament, after six years of sitting at home in the post season?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for reminding me why I don't listen to that show anymore. Paul Savage is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

• Veritas
    replied
    Bruce isn’t going to make the comment about his former team unless he knows exactly which way the wind is blowing. Shane of course can’t say anything.
    Very promising imo.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Bruce absolutely slammed the door here. He was on point with everything except the "Boatright isn't a wilting flower" type. If that were true, he would have been a man and axed Butler a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    commented on 's reply
    It sound like Bruce May have heard something with him talking about “money raised” and “legacy hire”......

• BostonWu
    replied
    Pretty clear Bruce is ready. Also clear they haven't broached the topic due to Shane. Savage is just making it up as he goes along and adds little.

Leave a comment:

• shockfan89_
    commented on 's reply
    Other than not specifically stating we are in year 6 of a 7 year contract, or knowing the buy-out amount, they had a pretty good discussion and finally made it to the correct conclusion. Bruce seemed like he was more there than Paul, but really how can you reach any other conclusion.

Under .500 record over 6 years
    Only 2 seasons over .500
    under .500 finish in conference play every year except year 1
    7th place finish last year in AAC with 11 draft picks
    8th place finish this year, one inning away from last place finish

• Veritas
    replied
    Momentum is building like a tsunami

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    He don't know me very well... do he?

Wanna come? I'd rather go as a group. It would be novel and fun!

T

...:cool:

• Shocker85
    commented on 's reply
    You don't have the balls.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Your second example is what bit us in the arse the last go-around. It reduced the interested field of candidates thereby increasing the cost and length of contract of many of those still interested in the job to allow them time to rebuild if the BK thing didn't work out.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    He has to go!! No matter what the outcome of the conference tournament is. It's been 6 LONG years with at best no progress and likely a regression in every aspect, except maybe recruiting. Which further points to his ineptitude as a coach. How any one could think this clown should return is beyond my comprehension.

Leave a comment:

• jdmee
    replied
    I see a couple of reasons why I would want to keep Butler.

The team ends the season with a win on June 26th. I think everyone can safely say this is not going to happen.

The other is if we have a situation where is next coach saddled with a situation where he can't succeed or fail on his terms, for example if he is told he HAS to keep Pelfery as the pitching coach. If you are not going to give the next coach every opportunity to succeed, then lets just keep failing with what we got.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    You guys think I'm bullshittin' eh?

Anybody who's interested in having an "informational chat" with the shot caller can ride with me if Mini-B's trebuchet is not locked and FULLY loaded by next week. We'll meet at The Field House on 17th... get some liquid courage first and then charge the fortress.

We can do it after June so maybe we get lucky and see a summer scrimmage at the same time - killing two birds with one stone.

T

...:cool:

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Save shot-gun for Fever...
Working...
X