Shocks Fall to K-State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Fall to K-State

When I had to quit following the game the Shocks had just taken a 2-0 lead in the 4th inning. Just checked in on the final and I see K-State came back to win the game 7-2.

Preston Snavely actually had a decent start for the Shocks allowing only 1 run on 2 hits in 4.2 innings. The big blow in the game came in the bottom of the 7th when K-State hit a 2-out grand slam home run off of Alex Segal. Offensively the Shocks collected 3 singles in the 3-run 4th but only 3 other singles over their other 8 at bats.

The Shocks have now lost 12 of their last 14 games and are 20-24 overall. The Shocks just seem to be inventing ways to lose during this streak. It makes me wonder what the current mental state of this team is but clearly it is not good.

It’s almost over. Let’s hope for a good hire.

Comment

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Two or three years too late...

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. This program is so far into the ground, it may be a while to recover from. WSU’s once proud prestige and tradition has totally been flushed and likely forgotten. Shameful.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    When I had to quit following the game the Shocks had just taken a 2-0 lead in the 4th inning. Just checked in on the final and I see K-State came back to win the game 7-2.

Preston Snavely actually had a decent start for the Shocks allowing only 1 run on 2 hits in 4.2 innings. The big blow in the game came in the bottom of the 7th when K-State hit a 2-out grand slam home run off of Alex Segal. Offensively the Shocks collected 3 singles in the 3-run 4th but only 3 other singles over their other 8 at bats.

The Shocks have now lost 12 of their last 14 games and are 20-24 overall. The Shocks just seem to be inventing ways to lose during this streak. It makes me wonder what the current mental state of this team is but clearly it is not good.
    The players have to know, at this point, that it's over and that HCTB's future is in serious doubt. It's gotta be tough under those conditions, especially as the school year is winding down. You can almost smell the adversity.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
    X