Shocks Host UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Host UCF

The Shocks (18-18, 3-6) will host the UCF Knights (22-15, 4-8) this Thursday (6:00 pm), Friday (6:00 pm) and Saturday.(10:30 am)

I believe the Shocks will go with Snavely, Eddy and Barnhouse as their starting rotation again. I know little about UCF but according to Kennedy UCF's pitching staff has suffered quite of litany of injuries this year. Shocks need to make hay in this series and the final series of the season against last place USF.

A little cool tonight and might have to dodge a few rain drops although the rain chances are dropping but looks like a few scattered showers are roaming around tonight.

Actually Liam Eddy is getting the start tonight. Not sure if there is any issue with Snavely or if HCTB and PCMP just decided Liam has earned the #1 weekend slot. I'm guessing the latter is the answer.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 18, 2019, 06:04 PM.

Shox pitching trying to lose a good offensive effort tonight. 6 walks and 4 HBP. But still leading 8-5. But its tough to watch with the terrible pitching.

Comment

The Shocks hang on for an 8-6 win, a badly need win. Now they need to follow through with 2 more on wins. This is a team they are capable of sweeping.

Comment

UCF breaks open a close 3-2 game with a 7-run uprising on the 7th inning.

With 1 run having scored and the bases loaded with 1 out . Alex Segal comes on in relief or Calvin Marley who was on in relief of Miller Pliemann. Alex got ahead in the count 0-2 then hit the first batter he faced forcing in a run. He got a force out at home on a P to C fielder's choice for out #2. He then walked in another run and Tristan McCraw came on in relief. Tristan jumped ahead in the count 0-2 and then gave up a grand slam.

Ouch! That even broke the live stats feed.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 19, 2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

When the last of the sunshine apologists have abandoned ship, you know it’s pretty effing bad.

Crickets.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Power outage. Game suspended until 9am tomorrow .

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Well that explains why the live stats quit. Unless, of course, Dandy Don was in the house and started singing.

WSU vs. UCF Game Suspended, Will Resume Saturday

Due to darkness and an issue with the lights at Eck Stadium the Wichita State vs. UCF baseball game that began Friday, April 19, has been suspended and will resume at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 20. Gates will open for the suspended game at 7:30 a.m.

The game was stopped with UCF up to bat and leading 10-2 with two outs in the top of the seventh inning.

The third and final game of the series will be played either 45 minutes after the conclusion of the first game, or at 10:30 a.m. Those wishing to bring dogs for Bark in the Park will be able to enter the stadium at 9 a.m.

Comment

Well we lost 11-3 but we are tied 1-1 so far on 4/20.

Comment

UCF finishes off Game 2 with an 11-3 win.

UCF got a lead off home run in the 8th to extend their lead to 11-2. The Shocks scored an unearned run in the bottom of the 9th although I'm not sure exactly how that happened based on the live stats description. A Cadena single and an error by the UCF 3rd baseman on a ball hit by Croft put Shockers on the corners with 2 outs. Jack Sigrist then hit into a 3-6-3 double play to end the game with Cadena scoring from 3rd.

In any case, the Shockers and Knights both had 9 hits and UCF committed the only 2 errors of he game. The big difference was that Shocker pitchhing gave up 10 walks and a hit batter while UCF pitching only walked 1. In addition, the Shocker hits consisted of 8 singles and a double for 10 total bases. UCF had 3 home runs, one a grand slam. The 7earned runs UCF scored in the 7th inning came on 4 hits plus UCF had 2 runners on base when their turn in the 7th ended. 4 Shocker pitchers gave up 3 singles, a home run, 4 walks and a hit batter in that inning.

Shocks drop to 19-19 and 4-7 in AAC play.

Comment

Decided to come to game 3 just for the hell of it. Barnhouse gave up a jack shot to the lead off batter then came back to strike out the side.

UCFs cleanup batter got hit by a pitch with 2 strikes but the umpire ruled it a dead ball strike 3, saying he leaned over the plate.

never saw the ejection signal but I'm pretty sure the guy got tossed. If not he should have .

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, he did get tossed. He played 1B for UCF and it caused some musical chairs on the UCF infield alignment.

On a positive note it does appear that Tommy is throwing strikes and is consitently in or around the strike zone.

• shockerfanmas
                    shockerfanmas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And rightfully so. Deserves to be suspended too. Pretty sure everyone at Wilkins Stadium could have heard the F bombs he was throwing out.

Feast or famine for Tommy. A home run, followed by 5 strikes outs, followed by a double and a wind aided home run, followed by his 6th strike out. UCF leads 3-0 after 2..

Comment

• shockerfanmas
                    shockerfanmas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I see we are on the same page with our posts, you just beat me to it lol

It's apparently all or nothing for the UCF hitters against Barnhouse today. 6 strikeouts, 2 homers and a double through the first 2 innings. Although I think the 2nd home may have been wind aided

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mike Kennedy described the home run as wind aided. Seems like this game is internet only audio stream.

UCF pulling their starter in the 2nd?? Must have a lot of arms in the pen, or some long relief guys. Gotta take advantage here

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This was the first start for Hunsicker this year and he had not gone more than 2.2 innings. Seems like UCF may have come into the game planning on splitting this one up. Which is something you see a lot in mid-week games. UCF's pitching staff has had a lot of injuries this year.

Shocks have plated 2 in the bottom of the 2nd helped by a bad hop double, a hit by pitch and a walk and now have the bases loaded with only 1 out and UCF is making a pitching change. Turn about is fair play. Boyer and Ritter due up for the Shocks. A sac fly by Boyer ties it up at 3-all.
                  I've got to run. shockerfanmas can bring this win home.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 20, 2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• shockerfanmas
                    shockerfanmas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will do my best to live up to your greatness!

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Somehow I don't think you will have any trouble with that.

Shox get a gift in the bottom of the 4th. With 2 outs and a runner on third, UCF's SS and 3B couldn't decide who was going to catch a Jordan Boyer pop-up and it dropped in between them. Shox lead 4-3 after 4.

Comment

Working...
                  X