Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston vs wsu

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I guess the Shocks more or less got what they were looking from Liam Eddy. Pitch deep into the game and give the Shocks a fighting chance to win. Considering he went 7.2 innings and only gave up 3 earned runs I suppose mission accomplished although Liam wasn't at his best giving up 10 hits. What really hurt in this game was the Shocks gave up 4 unearned runs with one scoring on a errant pick-off throw by Liam and 3 scoring on 2 fielding errors by freshman left fielder, Jack Sigrist.

    The Shocks managed only 6 hits off 3 Houston pitchers. The Shocks are now 18-17 on the season and 3-5 in AAC play.

    The Shocks will try to salvage a little pride in the series finale tomorrow and pick up their 1st win over Houston since joining the AAC.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by lostshocker View Post

      since you are being willfully ignorant. just because the team played like crap, you dont go and post looking for an argument just to say "i told you so". just as when the team plays well you dont post looking to start **** with people not happy with the direction of the program.
      Dude....."just as when the team plays well?" Butler has a losing record at WSU and game or two above .500 career record. He has never made the NCAA's at WSU and this includes having 11 players drafted by MLB teams last year. Where is WSU's return on investment with this guy? He's making SEC type money here at WSU but certainly hasn't earned his salary. So yeah, I think all Shocker baseball fans have more room to groan than to applaud the smattering of success his teams have shown. In fact, the only thing that keeps me from going nuclear on this guy right now is that he didn't lose to my two most hated teams (Creighton and KU) this year.

      Comment


      • WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        We sure don’t want to see you go “nuclear”; the last time you went “nuclear”, you took an extended vacation.

    • #18
      Originally posted by lostshocker View Post

      since you are being willfully ignorant. just because the team played like crap, you dont go and post looking for an argument just to say "i told you so". just as when the team plays well you dont post looking to start **** with people not happy with the direction of the program.
      Facts speak for themselves Lost. Look at the record since he took over. Look at the dismal flat trend line. Look at the assistant coaching attrition. That crap might work for lost Shockers like yourself but not for me. It’s disgusting.
      You are right about one thing though. You’re damn right I told you so. For days before the GS termination, and years after. You Butler sheep should be sheared.

      Comment


      • #19
        88

        Comment


      • #20
        Ok, just to reset...how many years are left on Butler’s contract? 0? 1? Sorry to beat a dead horse-just couldn’t remember. Thx.

        Comment


        • #21
          1 after this season.

          Comment


          • #22
            I am all in with the team & staff while we are within the finite period of the current season. There will be ample time in the Shocker off season between baseball & volleyball/basketball to discuss the present condition of the athletic and/or baseball program.

            Go Shox!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

            Comment


            • #23
              Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

              Dude....."just as when the team plays well?" Butler has a losing record at WSU and game or two above .500 career record. He has never made the NCAA's at WSU and this includes having 11 players drafted by MLB teams last year. Where is WSU's return on investment with this guy? He's making SEC type money here at WSU but certainly hasn't earned his salary. So yeah, I think all Shocker baseball fans have more room to groan than to applaud the smattering of success his teams have shown. In fact, the only thing that keeps me from going nuclear on this guy right now is that he didn't lose to my two most hated teams (Creighton and KU) this year.
              my whole point, which will now span 3 different posts, isnt about how well the team is playing; it is about the petty little pissing contests people try to goad each other into after the team does well or very very poorly. i get that it is well past the butler era to have ended but we are where we are so we just have to hope that at the end of the season the AD does what the majority of the fans want and let him go. i get it has basically been a shitshow since he was hired. what i dont get is why every thread in the baseball section has to be a shitshow of bitching about butler. and being critical of the team's play is fine, that's part of the price of playing D1 sports.

              Comment


              • #24
                Originally posted by lostshocker View Post

                my whole point, which will now span 3 different posts, isnt about how well the team is playing; it is about the petty little pissing contests people try to goad each other into after the team does well or very very poorly. i get that it is well past the butler era to have ended but we are where we are so we just have to hope that at the end of the season the AD does what the majority of the fans want and let him go. i get it has basically been a shitshow since he was hired. what i dont get is why every thread in the baseball section has to be a shitshow of bitching about butler. and being critical of the team's play is fine, that's part of the price of playing D1 sports.
                What have you contributed to this forum, other than bitching about people bitching?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.
                ________________
                "Enjoy the ride."

                - a smart man

                Comment


                • #25
                  Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  I am all in with the team & staff while we are within the finite period of the current season. There will be ample time in the Shocker off season between baseball & volleyball/basketball to discuss the present condition of the athletic and/or baseball program.

                  Go Shox!
                  Darron Boatright approved!
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.
                  ________________
                  "Enjoy the ride."

                  - a smart man

                  Comment


                  • #26
                    Pretty good ballgame at the Eck today. Shocks trail 3-1 after 5. Had the tying runs on base with 2-out in the 5th but Jordan Boyer flied out deep to left center. Ross Cadena led off the inning with a 14 pitch walk and the Shocks did get the Houston starter. Shocks brought in their closer Mitchell Walters on in the 5th in relief of Tommy Barnhouse who had a decent outing..

                    Houston gets than run back in the top of the 5th on a well executed safety squeeze bunt. The Cougars lead 4-1.

                    Houston goes to their closer early bring him in in the 7th. A walk, hit batter, strike out, walk and strike out gave the Shockers the bases laoded with 2 outs. Jordan Boyer, who was 1-10 so far in the series. lined the 1st pitch into right where the right fielder made a diving attempt at a catch and came up just a little shy with the ball going to the wall to clear the bases and tie the game at 4-4.

                    In the top of the 8th Walters gets the first 2 Houston batters before giving up a single to left. After a throwing a ball to the next batter and kind of flinching the Shocks brought in Eric Segal in relief. The Houston runner then stole 2nd, moved to 3rd on a wild pitch on ball 4 to the batter. Another wild pitch scored the go ahead run and moved the runner that had walked to center. That runner moved to 3rd on a passed ball and then scored when Luke Ritter booted a routine ground ball to 2nd. So the the Shocks have gifted the lead right back to Houston.

                    A lead off single by Paxton Wallace and and a 2-out singe by Ross Cadena have Shockers on 1st and 2nd in the bottom of the 8th and they have knocked out the Houston closer who probably had his worst outing of the year. Houston brings in a lefty to face Brady Slavens. Big at bat here Slavens walks on 5 pitches to load the bases. Houston bring in a righty to face freshman Jack Sigrist. A fly ball to right ends the threat. On to the 9th.

                    Segal walks the lead off batter for Houston in the top of the 9th and is replaced by Connery Peters. A stolen base, a wild pitch and a single to left that just tipped of the glove a leaping Jordan Boyer scored an insurance run for Houston making it 7-4.

                    Jacob Katzfey led of the Shocker 9th with a single to right but with the top of the order back up Jordan Boyer hits into a made to order 6-4-3 double play and Hunter Gibson skied out to center. Houston only need 5 pitches to get through the 9th.

                    The Shocks have now lost 6 in a row and have dropped to 18-18 ovrall and 3-6 in AAC play.

                    Houston played very well in this seiries and were just relentless as they scored in 18 of their 27 at bats in the series.

                    Obviously, not the hole the Shocks wanted to dig for themselves in AAC play especially with the toughest part of their conference schedule still in front of them. If there is an injury issue with Mitchell Walters, and it was hard to tell for sure, that hole gets even tougher to climb out of.

                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; 1 week ago.

                    Comment


                    • Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like a good one!

                  • #27
                    The Shox have really taken advantage of the 8 game home stand with some nice competition. And if it wasn't for a complete choke job by Tulane, we'd be on a 7 game losing streak. Alas, we're at 6 so I'm not complaining.

                    Not enough horses in the stable for this program to make noise this year.......again.

                    Comment


                    • #28
                      The Shocks now find themselves in 8th place at 3-6 which is 1.5 games behind 7th place UCF (4-8) and 2.5 games ahead of 9th place USF (2-10).

                      The Shocks host UCF this week (on Thursday, Friday and Saturday). UCF has already played ECU, UConn, Cincy and USF. They have the Shocks, Memphis, Tulane and Houston left.

                      The Shocks have UCF at home, followed by Cincy and then UConn on the road then back home for ECU before finishing up at USF.

                      USF has Houston at home after Easter, then plays at Memphis and at UConn before finishing at home against the Shocks.

                      UConn, Cincy, Houston, UCF and USF have all played 12 AAC games with 12 to go. ECU, Tulane, Memphis and the Shocks have played 9 AAC games with 15 to go.

                      Not sure about the wisdom of scheduling 2 mid-week games between the Cincy and UConn road series hosting Missouri State on Tuesday and playing at K-State on Wednesday. Maybe the weatherman will bail us out of one of those games.

                      Comment


                      • ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Given who and where we play and that we have not swept an AAC yet (I believe), I'm going to say the best we do is 7-8 and probably no better than 6-9.

                      • Shocker85
                        Shocker85 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4-11

                    • #29
                      This is effing shameful. Absolutely disgusted with the state of the baseball program.

                      Comment


                      • #30
                        Just a brutal week -- and one that likely finally seals the fate of HCTB. I believed that this home stretch would tell the tale of the season. Success against tough competition following their 11-of-12 streak would have pushed our RPI into the Top 50 with a bullet. After the collapse that began in New Orleans, though, Warren Nolan predicts 5 more wins this regular season for a 23-31 finish and a 139 RPI. There are opportunities yet to get statement wins, so Dandy Don isn't singing quite yet -- but he's sure as hell warming up.
                        “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
                        Isaac Asimov

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X