Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCONN_Husky
    replied
    Crazy comeback win yesterday. But can you do it twice in a row?

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Keep watching that. It's the only thing worth watching.

• SB Shock
    replied
    Watching the 8th was a little less frustrating the second time around

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Just watched the Top of the 9th on ESPN's archive. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It was even better than I thought. I was following on stat broadcast so I missed the thrown bat and resultant brushback that opened the frame. That made the comeback all the sweeter. Plus, the visual craziness of Cadena's cue shot foul-to-fair single is off the charts.
    Really an amazing top of the 9th. Nice win

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Here is the replay on watchespn.com

With Watch ESPN you can stream live sports and ESPN originals, watch the latest game replays and highlights, and access featured ESPN programming online.

You have to wait for the replay to see the bat flip by Hoese. I really didn't think it was that egregious although Ross Cadena at catcher took exception and no doubt it fired up the Shocks in a game that had already become chippy. That was a no doubter. And let's be honest the Shocker comeback in the 9th was attributable more to Tulane's ineptness then it was to the Shockers being fired up. After a lead off walk (the 1st since the 1st inning for Tulane pitchers) the next two Shockers struck out in the 9th before Tulane fell apart.

Peters threw one around the head of a Tulane hitter, Hoese does his posing after his homerun, Paxton Wallace "throws" his bat into the Tulane bullpen, and then Tulane's pitcher throws one over Paxton's head.

The highlight to me was that after the Hoese home run the announcer said the Tulane fans get what the want. A Tulane win and a Hoese home run. Talk about a jinx.

I thought Katzfey's going for 2 on his two out hit with a runner on 1st in the 9th was a bad decision but he got away with it. The extra base meant nothing when you are down by 6 in your final at bat at that point. But is was good to see Jacob getting his bat going. Hopefully, that continues.

No doubt that the key at bat in the 9th was Cadena's masse's shot half way to 1st base on a 1-2 count. Then Garrett Kocis falls behind 1-2 before squeesing his single to right on an off balance swing. The Ross Cadena made a great read on a pitch in the dirt that bounced along the same path that is squibber did in his first at bat. Cadena owns the patch real along the 1st base line halfway to 1st base.

The was some providence intervention or some karma at work here. Refer back to the announcer's comment after the Hoese home run made it 11-5.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2019, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Wuzee where are you located? I try to watch it and apparently am unauthorized.

• Wuzee
    replied
    Just watched the Top of the 9th on ESPN's archive. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It was even better than I thought. I was following on stat broadcast so I missed the thrown bat and resultant brushback that opened the frame. That made the comeback all the sweeter. Plus, the visual craziness of Cadena's cue shot foul-to-fair single is off the charts.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    So I heard that there was some “brushback” pitches in the 9th that lit a fire in the shox hitters in the 9th? Is that true? And could anybody expand on what transpired?

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Maybe not overlooked but undervalued? Alex Segal was brought in bottom 6 with the score 4-3 and the bases juiced and the zone squeezed closed. One run had scored and you knew more were coming, it was just a matter of how many. Yeah, he walked the first batter (3-2 count with a tight zone) that scored another run, but then got a ground out (different circumstances could have been a DP) that plated another run, then got another ground out that should have ended the inning on a DP but we kicked it (scored another run) and finally ended the inning with a K.

On the surface didn't look like a great outing, but considering the circumstances and how bad it could have been, really good job by Alex. He gave up no hits, again. Opponents are hitting .162 in 16 appearances against him so far. If he can improve his control a bit, and it has been getting better (25-11 K/BB), his wipeout curve is all but unhittable. If you haven't seen the young man pitch, get out to the yard sometime, because he's not going to be here next season. The 6'4" draft eligible redshirt sophomore is sure to be a high draft pick come June.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Certainly Walters is done for the weekend. Probably Peters too. Should be able to get Segal and Haase in for at least a couple of batters if needed. But we need quality innings from our starters tomorrow. PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU GUYS TO THROW STRIKES. If they hit, they hit, but don't give them away. Runs are going to be scored tomorrow.

Like ShockTalk our guys did hold them to .211 and those guys can really hit.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Guess that puts us in 2nd place with this topsy turvy AAC standings and with a 7 game winning streak.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    commented on 's reply
    But we potentially can. Tough order with bullpen a thin.

Great work today. Hopefully get better tomorrow.

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Hard to say what a win like that might do for a team. Could be a springboard. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. Tulane has to be quite dispirited.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 5, 2019, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, but Tulane can't get a sweep now.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Hate that he is burnt for tomorrow, but so is their closer. Going to be a series of who can step up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X