Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I think the world of Clayton McGinness but he has made 2 big mistakes this inning. Walking the 9th place batter on 4 pitches with 2 outs, then a single and I guess Hoese wanted to hit a double so he did, then on an 0-2 pitch, he left way too much over the plate and another single makes it 5-3 Tulane. Just can't make those kind of mistakes and expect to win.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Looks like another wild one in store. Ritter gets a solo home run in the first, then Tulane knocks around Clayton in the bottom of the 1st. Hoese is unreal. He's a modern day cocky Roy Hobbs. Whatever he wants to hit, he hits.....single, double, home run. Whatever he wants.

Shocks answer back with 2 in the 2nd. 3-2 bottom of the 2nd. We probably need 14 or so to win the game I'm guessing.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    UCONN went back to form today, shutting down Cincy 5-1.

ECU exacted revenge on Houston, hammering the Cougars 15-3.

Southern and Memphis were tied at 12 after 7. They are still tied in the bottom of the 12th.

And the Tigers walk it off with a 2 run dinger 14-12 final.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Well at least we have Clayton, Liam, Alex and Haase all ready to go. Probably could throw Barnhouse for an inning or 2 if we absolutely had to, but we're going to need to get quality length out of Clayton and Liam for sure if we expect to take the series.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Hopefully we find some arms to slow down Tulane. If you told me the Shocks would give up 11 and 12 runs in the 1st 2 games I sure would not have expected s split and still in position to win the series.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    21 free passes in 2 games. That's astounding. Nothing has changed.

Honestly, we should be down 0-2 and looking to avoid getting swept.

I know there's a lot of hopeful fans and the fairytale last 2 weeks probably piqued some interest. But in reality, this team just isn't very good and it's made more apparent against teams with a pulse and on the road. In other words, a summary of the last 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    commented on 's reply
    What did I miss? I needed a break from MemTigers1998. That high schooler was making me lose brain cells.

• txkidsports
    replied
    Our last pitcher gave us a fighting chance to stay in it but our boys were too anxious at the plate swinging. Onto game #3 now.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Shocks see 5 pitches in the 8th. I don't understand, although at this point just end this nightmare. I hate to be that negative but sheesh. We're not going to make them at least earn it?

No, we're going to let Krishna Raj, who nearly imploded in the 5th when we had him on the ropes, get the last 12 outs on like 20 pitches.

12-6 final. I'm pretty sure my theory of setting up game 3 is close to the truth. They need to take this 3rd game now.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; April 6, 2019, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Apparently there's a clock on this game. Shocks are swinging at essentially everything.

Pleimann worked a pretty efficient 5th and 6th. The 6th inning saw 12 total pitches and took about 4 minutes.

In the 7th Ritter doubled, Cadena was hit, Wallace fouled out, Kocis singled to load the bases, Slavens grounded into a FC scoring Ritter and O'Brien pinch hit for Jackson who pinch hit earlier for VanVooren and O'Brien flied out. The Shocks saw 8 pitches. The last 5 ABs were 1st pitch swinging. SMH 9-6 Tulane bottom 7.

Tulane hits another bomb off a tiring Miller Pleimann and McCraw is in. Just guessing at this point, but after winning last night, maybe they thought the best plan was to save Liam and Clay for Game 3 against a tired and spent Tulane staff. Thinking that's a pretty good chance to win the 3rd and just hope maybe you outscore them in game 2. Who knows.

This is McCraw's baby now. It's 12-6 and the Shocks will need 6 in their last 2 at bats, at least, to extend the game.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Marley settled in and kept Tulane off the board in the 3rd and 4th. Shocks missed a couple of chances to score, a real mess in the 3rd with 2nd and 3rd and nobody out and got nothing.

In the top of the 5th though they get 5 back with the help of a 3 run Hunter Gibson dinger. Alex Jackson left runners at 1st and 3rd though to end the inning. Still, at least within shouting distance, although you have to think Tulane has a couple more crooked innings in them.

Freshman Miller Pleimann in to work the 5th.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Just pulling your leg. You can't post enough here imho.

• UCONN_Husky
    commented on 's reply
    Feve is my boy. Sorry Doc.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    If we comeback today it will eclipse Lazarus as perhaps the best of all time.

PS Feel free to put the wood to me here instead of the AAC board. Just happened to see that the other day. :)

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Our 2 best pitchers last week were Clayton and Liam so naturally we started Stump today.

I would have bet, and clearly lost, a lot of money that the game last night would have deflated Tulane, but it just pissed them off.

Stump gave up a home run to Hoese, his 16th on the year, then wriggled off the hook, but he couldn't get out of the 2nd.

Of course we bring in Carver who gave up 4 runs in an inning worth of work last weekend, the only runs we gave up last weekend (and yes, Bethune Cookman is NOT Tulane). Carver threw gallons of gasoline on the fire Stumpy started and if we have any aspirations of a sweep, the comeback will have to be even more spectacular today than it was last night because it's already 7-0 Tulane and they are still batting. Cal Marley is in to hopefully settle things down and give us a chance to get back to salvage some dignity.

Carver's last 2 appearances: 1.1 innings pitched, 8 hits, 8 runs, 4 walks, 3 WPs and an ERA of 65.45. Probably give him a week or two off until he figures things out.

Not getting any better. The nightmare continues as Marley reloads the bases and an infield single scores 2. Marley working behind to every single batter so far.

Marley finally gets out of the 2nd. Hopefully there's a run rule here at some point. 9-0 Green Wave.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; April 6, 2019, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X