No announcement yet.

Phase V Eck Stadium to Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other note: I was at the KSU-OU game on Saturday (basically sitting on the field no less). The MildCats were predicted to be disemboweled by the 2nd quarter. That place was rockin' and looked like a well-oiled machine. Talk about a Fortune 50 athletic department.

P.S. Jesus I was impressed and jealous.

P.S.S. Jesus we need football.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      One other note: I was at the KSU-OU game on Saturday (basically sitting on the field no less). The MildCats were predicted to be disemboweled by the 2nd quarter. That place was rockin' and looked like a well-oiled machine. Talk about a Fortune 50 athletic department.

P.S. Jesus I was impressed and jealous.

P.S.S. Jesus we need football.

T

Everybody has fans that show up against Top 5 teams. Go to a KState-Omaha basketball game and get back to me.

Comment

K-State football is a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Everybody has fans that show up against Top 5 teams. Go to a KState-Omaha basketball game and get back to me.
          I'm not even referring to basketball. After what I saw last Saturday I doubt most Manure-U fans even know they have a basketball team. That didn't stop Bruce from doing a "celebrity walk" around the field in the 4th quarter. He was mostly anonymous.

Big-time atmosphere from a fanbase that expected to get stomped.

It's clear to me now why we lost out on Dean Wade. OMG We need football. Even Medium-time will work.

T

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
            K-State football is a great experience.
            I'm no football fan but it was impressive. Unbelievable money walking around that place. Networking opportunities would be unlimited.

Wichita State football could be a great experience.

Holy Moly we need football.

Anybody disagreeing, head on up to Silo-Tech and then get back to me. Kthxbi

P.S. The tailgating that was happening was beyond my expectations. I'm not just talking about the main parking lot... it was field after field of RV's etc. Tons of people not even in the stadium, just randomly partying in a field.

P.P.S. ZOMG this university needs football. We can turn it into a massive party for Wichita. Forget who we are playing. Make it a chance for alumni to connect and people all over the city to be merry.

T

Comment

I'm no football fan but it was impressive. Unbelievable money walking around that place. Networking opportunities would be unlimited.

Wichita State football could be a great experience.

Holy Moly we need football.

Anybody disagreeing, head on up to Silo-Tech and then get back to me. Kthxbi

P.S. The tailgating that was happening was beyond my expectations. I'm not just talking about the main parking lot... it was field after field of RV's etc. Tons of people not even in the stadium, just randomly partying in a field.

P.P.S. ZOMG this university needs football. We can turn it into a massive party for Wichita. Forget who we are playing. Make it a chance for alumni to connect and people all over the city to be merry.

T

I'm with you. Now, if we can convince Mr. Koch to donate 400 million dollars we might get to experience that.

Comment

Mrs. Koch.

Mr. Koch is about spent.

I take that back. Talk to the son. Chase will soon wear the crown and it will be up to him to take us to the promised land.

And we don't need $400M. We're not in the B12.

T

Comment

Call us the Grand Canyon U. of football. Get the party on.

Comment

What kind of money would it take now? $100 million for startup and $100 million in reserves to weather the sh!tstorm of the first decade?
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      What kind of money would it take now? $100 million for startup and $100 million in reserves to weather the sh!tstorm of the first decade?
                      I'd still give my left testicle for WSU to play football in the AAC... "I've just closed my eyes again, climbed aboard the dream weaver train..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mrs. Koch.

Mr. Koch is about spent.

I take that back. Talk to the son. Chase will soon wear the crown and it will be up to him to take us to the promised land.

And we don't need $400M. We're not in the B12.

T

What ShockBand said....what will it take? Chase has the same mindset as his father. He's going to want others on the hook too.

But again, what will it take? We don't need an 80K stadium, but we need at least a 40-50k WITH 80k amenities. Sky boxes, club boxes, Press boxes etc. You aren't going to make it work without lots of big money donors every year and believe me, they don't want to sit in the cold and rain. I doubt you could do for less that 5k per seat and do it right. 5kX50k is $250M.

Maybe you can talk the city into paying for some of it, but I'd doubt it.

Has anyone looked at GoShockers lately and looked at the financial statements? $29.8M in total program expenses last year. What do you think with football (and the addition of TitleIX female sports)? $40M at least? Probably $45M. Maybe I'm looking at something wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What ShockBand said....what will it take? Chase has the same mindset as his father. He's going to want others on the hook too.

But again, what will it take? We don't need an 80K stadium, but we need at least a 40-50k WITH 80k amenities. Sky boxes, club boxes, Press boxes etc. You aren't going to make it work without lots of big money donors every year and believe me, they don't want to sit in the cold and rain. I doubt you could do for less that 5k per seat and do it right. 5kX50k is $250M.

Has anyone looked at GoShockers lately and looked at the financial statements? $29.8M in total program expenses last year. What do you think with football (and the addition of TitleIX female sports)? $40M at least? Probably $45M. Maybe I'm looking at something wrong though.
                          Not happening anytime soon. Soccer would be my guess.

Comment

OK I get Kung Wu and all of his wet dreams of soccer but lax I know you have no dog in the soccer arena. Soccer just for an additional sport? I would pay to go watch Lacrosse. Even the new president was a Lacrosse player.

Comment

football can only succeed at WSU if you build a facility like the Doc has alluded to and there has to be some endowment set up to provide for the cost of having football. Donors are excited in the beginning but as reality hits year after year they disappear and the program withers on the vine. An endowment takes care of the yearly pleading and begging for money to fund a program that is not uber successful.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Couple years ago I dug into AAC/MWC-level FB expenditures, and IIRC the average was in the $10-$15M range per annum. Schools like Boise and such who emphasize the sport spend more obviously, just like we spend pretty proudly on MBB.

For the record, I don’t think we’d need 50K capacity. KSU has that and rarely sells out, even with their support and following.

It would be an instant shot in the arm enrollment wise, but at what cost per capita? Stupidly high, obviously. Students do expect fall football Saturdays as part of the “college experience” and we have nothing there. If we ever want to transition to more students and a more traditional experience, football will probably need to be a part of that. Has done wonders for KSU in enrollment; WSU and KSU sorta swapped positions/scales on KBOR enrollment between the death of WSU football, the hiring of Bill Snyder, and leading to today.

No FB has hardcore handicapped WSU, that much is arguably not up for debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X